English Pronunciation For Brazilian Portuguese Natives
What you'll learn
- all individual sounds in American English
- most common letter-sound relationships that will help you read fluently and accurately
- sounds and rules in Brazilian Portuguese that are transferred to English - most common mistakes
- tips and tricks to recognize regularities in a language where we see one thing but say another
- most frequent sound variations
- what happens when two sounds meet in connected speech
- word stress and stress in sentences
- most common English intonation patterns - the sound of sentences
- Pre-Intermediate/Intermediate English
A lot of my students come from Brazil. Something they most often tell me is that they are not confident or are afraid to be misunderstood because their pronunciation is too Brazilian and therefore not good enough. We comment about pronunciation mistakes in the lesson, but briefly; it is almost never the focus of what we do. In this course, I gathered all useful information I collected from our lessons over years as well as many things I learned as an English student at the university. Basically, I said everything that I ever wanted to say about pronunciation with my Brazilian students.
After completing this course, you will need to keep practicing, but you will have all the knowledge and tools you need to sound less like a Brazilian Portuguese native and more like an English native speaker. I say this because a course very similar to this one was what made this possible for me personally. If you think my English accent sounds good, give this course a try. My mother tongue is Serbian and I have never been to an English speaking country.
You can watch the free introduction video to hear about the course contents in detail. See you!
Who this course is for:
- Brazilian Portuguese native speakers who want to get better at English pronunciation
Hi, :) Jovana here. I come from Serbia. Still 29. I have a Bachelor's and a Master's degree in English Language, Literature and Culture from the University of Belgrade, and another Master's in Discourse Analysis from UNICENTRO, Parana. I have spent the last three years travelling and teaching English to kids in Serbia, China, and Turkey. Udemy is a great place to interact with adults again. You can also find me on italki where I teach English, Portuguese and Serbian.