English Made Simple: Small Talk & Conversational Skills
- 32 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Feel more comfortable making small talk with strangers, new colleagues and new friends
- Build overall confidence with using the English language
- Students should be able to hold conversations in English at an elementary - intermediate level
Do you feel nervous when it comes to meeting new people at a party or in the office? Let me ask you another question..... Have you noticed how much English people love talking about the weather?
Welcome to the most comprehensive guide to ESL small talk and conversation!
- Learn English from a fully qualified ESL Teacher
- Sound more natural during your English conversations
- Discover English small talk with the help of real examples
Hi, my name's Fred and I'm a former advertising professional who now teaches English in Rome, Italy. I have developed over 12 educational courses on Udemy with over 30,000 satisfied students. I'm very excited to bring you this new course focusing on small talk! Let's begin:
Welcome to this fun and easy guide to the most popular small talk / conversation starters used in the English language!
This course contains short and simple lectures which provide real examples to help you understand conversation starters in a real life situation. We learn small talk, because it can help us communicate more naturally with native (or mother tongue speakers).
I don't need to study small talk, ther most important part of a language is grammar!
Yes, you need to study grammar. You also need to practice writing, and speaking, and listening......etc. However, learning things such as small talk (or idioms and slang) help us to take our language skills to the next level. If you want to really enjoy the local culture of a country, it helps if you can speak in the same way as the local people.
Enjoy practicing your new skills!
This course provides you with an opportunity to practice your knowledge. You will find plenty of practice activities to help you grow confidence around using small talk.
Remember, learning a language should be fun and not stressful. I hope you enjoy the course, and I look forward to your feedback.
- Students should be at elementary / intermediate level or above