English Listening Masters: How To Become Fluent In Listening
- A pre-intermediate level of English or above
- A strong desire to break listening barrier through focused practice
Want to become fluent in English listening and start to understand English speakers? Then this course is for you!
HOW DOES THE COURSE WORK?
English Listening Masters Course consists of theory and practice. To build a solid foundation of how to properly train your listening skills, you will start with the theory. There, we will cover the following topics:
why listening needs to be active;
which strategies to use while practicing listening skills;
how to choose audio materials;
how to work with a transcript to expand vocabulary and improve listening and speaking skills;
which activity you can try to maximize your attention while listening
After having studied the theory of effective listening, you will move to the practice part. There, you will have a guided 6-step listening practice to reinforce your theoretical knowledge. All materials you meet in the practice part have been designed and recorded in collaboration with an American Native Speaker.
A guided 6-step listening training includes:
Step 1. Listening for the main idea (full audio) + general understanding quiz
Step 2. Listening for details by paragraphs and completing multiple choice quiz
Step 3. Vocabulary expansion after each paragraph (1-5 suggested words to learn)
Step 4. Listening for MORE details by paragraphs and completing True/False/Not Given quiz
Step 5. Attention training with focused practice + quiz
Step 6. Working with a transcript
The combination of effective theory and guided listening practice will give you a complete understanding of how you can train and improve your listening skills.
If you want to become fluent in English listening this course can help you achieve your goal.
Enroll in the course NOW!
- Enroll in this course if you want to have a clear idea of how to train your listening skills in English.
- Enroll in this course if you improve your listening skills.
- Enroll in this course if you want to to feel all the advantages of understanding spoken English
- Introduction to the course01:48
- Start being an active listener!00:57
- How you can train your listening skills in a more active way02:31
- Maximize your attention while listening with this kind of task!04:18
- Transcript: how to use it to have greater results03:45
- How to expand vocabulary with listening08:15
- Which criteria to follow while choosing audio for your listening practice01:13
- Last words before practicing00:34
- Introduction to the Practice Section00:38
- Step 1. Listening for the main idea (full audio) + general understanding quiz01:42
- Listening for the general idea - full audio03:18
- General understanding quiz1 question
- Step 2. Listening for details by paragraphs and completing multiple choice quiz01:36
- Listening for details - first paragpaph01:23
- First paragraph - multiple-choice quiz3 questions
- Step 3. Vocabulary expansion after each paragraph01:14
- Listening and vocabulary practice of the words used in the first paragraph02:02
- Listening for details - second paragraph01:07
- Second paragraph - multiple-choice quiz4 questions
- Listening and vocabulary practice of the words used in the second paragraph01:03
- Listening for details - third paragraph00:54
- Third paragraph - multiple-choice quiz3 questions
- Listening and vocabulary practice of the words used in the third paragraph00:46
- Step 4. Listening for MORE details by paragraphs + True/False/Not Given quiz01:58
- Listening for details - first paragpaph01:23
- First paragpaph - True/False/Not Given quiz5 questions
- Listening and vocabulary practice of the words used in the first paragraph01:30
- Listening for details - second paragpaph01:07
- Second paragpaph - True/False/Not Given quiz4 questions
- Listening and vocabulary practice of the words used in the second paragraph00:39
- Listening for details - third paragpaph00:54
- Third paragpaph - True/False/Not Given quiz3 questions
- Step 5. Attention training with focused practice + quiz02:13
- Listening and vocabulary practice of the words used in the third paragraph00:26
- Attention training - tracks comparison 100:17
- Tracks comparison quiz 11 question
- Attention training - tracks comparison 200:27
- Tracks comparison quiz 21 question
- Attention training - tracks comparison 300:30
- Tracks comparison quiz 31 question
- Attention training - tracks comparison 400:32
- Tracks comparison quiz 41 question
- Attention training - tracks comparison 500:17
- Tracks comparison quiz 51 question
- Attention training - tracks comparison 600:21
- Tracks comparison quiz 61 question
- Step 6. Working with a transcript01:52
- Full audio with subtitles03:18
- Vocabulary revision + quiz (instructions)00:16
- Revision of the words - prepare yourself for the vocabulary quiz01:44
- Vocabulary quiz17 questions
- Bonus Lecture00:36
Hi, I’m Kostia! I’m passionate about languages and effective methods of language learning .
I have mathematical thinking and learning a new language is a hard process for me. That’s why it’s very important for me to use methods that give results.
I’ve decided to start making online courses where I can share my knowledge with you, so you can apply them and learn languages faster and more effectively.
The hardest skill in language learning for me is listening. It took me a long time to figure out the best methods to develop this skill. So, my first course is all about breaking down listening barrier in English.
I constantly continue to find out new methods and test them on myself for further courses. For example, I want to learn German from scratch less than in a year using an absolutely new approach. If the experiment will be successful, a new course about this approach, that you can apply to any language, appears.
Also, I want to thank my wife Daria and our friend Aliona who are professional teachers of English. I’m very grateful to them for the help that they have provided me in this course creation. They've put a great contribution to the creation of the course to make it more powerful and effective.
My name is Dasha. I have been an English and German teacher for over 6 years now. Learning and teaching foreign languages is my passion for life. In 2012 I graduated from university with a Bachelor’s degree in English and German languages. Some years after I passed the Cambridge TKT exams with the highest bands which prove my EFL (English as a foreign language) teaching knowledge.
Over the years, I have been polishing my teaching methods so that they give results quickly and efficiently. And now I’m glad to share them with you through my online courses.
I’m looking forward to seeing your success in learning English.