English Listening Masters: How To Become Fluent In Listening
What you'll learn
- You will learn the strategies of effective listening
- You will upgrade your listening skills in English through 12 accurately structured Practice Sections
- You will learn how to use multiple listening to achieve listening fluency
- You will learn the criteria for choosing audio for your listening practice
- You will learn how you can use a transcript for vocabulary expansion and improving your listening and speaking skills
- You will learn how to train your attention while listening
- You will have a guided 6-step listening practice to consolidate your theoretical knowledge
- A pre-intermediate level of English or above
- A strong desire to break your listening barrier through focused practice
- Be ready to work on your listening skills regularly
Want to become fluent in English listening and start to understand English speakers? Then this course is for you!
HOW DOES THE COURSE WORK?
English Listening Masters Course consists of theory and practice. To build a solid foundation of how to train your listening skills properly, you will start with the theory. There, we will cover the following topics:
why listening needs to be active;
which strategies to use while practicing listening skills;
how to choose audio materials;
how to work with a transcript to expand vocabulary and improve listening and speaking skills;
which activity you can try to maximize your attention while listening
After having studied the theory of effective listening, you will dive into listening practice. There are 12 accurately structured Practice Sections that are divided into levels with the increasing level of difficulty from the easiest (Level 1) to more challenging (Level 2, 3). All materials you meet in the practice part have been designed and recorded in collaboration with an American Native Speaker.
The key rule of being successful in listening is multiple listening to the same audio. Therefore, each of the 12 Practice Sections is based on one audio, and there are 6 guided steps you will go through in each section:
A guided 6-step listening training includes:
Step 1. Listening for the main idea (full audio) + general understanding quiz
Step 2. Listening for details by paragraphs and completing multiple choice quiz
Step 3. Vocabulary expansion after each paragraph (1-5 suggested words to learn)
Step 4. Listening for MORE details by paragraphs and completing True/False/Not Given quiz
Step 5. Attention training with focused practice + quiz
Step 6. Working with a transcript
The combination of effective theory and guided listening practice will give you a complete understanding of how you can train and improve your listening skills.
If you want to become fluent in English listening, this course can help you achieve your goal.
Enroll in the course NOW!
Who this course is for:
- Enroll in this course if you want to have a clear idea of how to train your listening skills in English.
- Enroll in this course if you want to develop listening fluency.
- Enroll in this course if you want to to feel all the advantages of understanding spoken English
Hi, I’m Kostia! I’m passionate about languages and effective methods of language learning .
I have mathematical thinking and learning a new language is a hard process for me. That’s why it’s very important for me to use methods that give results.
I’ve decided to start making online courses where I can share my knowledge with you, so you can apply them and learn languages faster and more effectively.
The hardest skill in language learning for me is listening. It took me a long time to figure out the best methods to develop this skill. So, my first course is all about breaking down listening barrier in English.
I constantly continue to find out new methods and test them on myself for further courses. For example, I want to learn German from scratch less than in a year using an absolutely new approach. If the experiment will be successful, a new course about this approach, that you can apply to any language, appears.
Also, I want to thank my wife Daria and our friend Aliona who are professional teachers of English. I’m very grateful to them for the help that they have provided me in this course creation. They've put a great contribution to the creation of the course to make it more powerful and effective.
My name is Dasha. I have been an English and German teacher for over 6 years now. Learning and teaching foreign languages is my passion for life. In 2012 I graduated from university with a Bachelor’s degree in English and German languages. Some years after I passed the Cambridge TKT exams with the highest bands which prove my EFL (English as a foreign language) teaching knowledge.
Over the years, I have been polishing my teaching methods so that they give results quickly and efficiently. And now I’m glad to share them with you through my online courses.
I’m looking forward to seeing your success in learning English.