Grammar Tests for English Exams: TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, SAT, YDS
This course offers 628 intermediate to advanced level English grammar questions within 6 Practice Tests, all prepared by professional exam developer and item writer, Ulku Kucukakin. Also, all the questions have academic vocabulary items that you will need in your language exams. Come and experience the quality of the questions yourself!
Sample Question #1: (Tenses)
1. The success story of Beetles cars _______ in 1947, and by 1972, the total number of Beetles cars in the market _______ 15 million.
A) was starting / is going to reach
B) had started / had been reaching
C) would start / reach
D) started / had reached
E) was going to start / was reaching
Sample Question #2: (Gerunds& Infinitives / Modal Verbs)
2. Young poets prefer _______ in literary magazines instead of publishing their own books since they _______ a name for themselves in literary circles this way.
A) being published / will have made
B) publishing / should make
C) to have published / make
D) to be published / can make
E) having published / are made
Sample Question #3: (Gerunds & Infinitives)
3. The pattern _______ in winter has developed to allow Emperor penguins _______ to independence at a time when food is most plentiful.
A) of breeding / grow
B) breeding / to be grown
C) to breed / to grow
D) in breeding / grown
E) to have bred / growing
Sample Question #4: (If Clauses)
4. If we _______ back in time to the American Civil War, a very different landscape _______ visible.
A) travel / will be
B) could travel / would be
C) can travel / is
D) had travelled / would have been
E) travelled / could have been
Sample Question #5: (Noun Clauses)
5. The traveler was amazed by _______ there was a beautiful parrot in a golden cage in the caravanserai, continually repeating "Freedom!"
E) the fact that
Sample Question #6: (Linkers)
6. In the old days, potatoes, carrots, and turnips were very popular among people, _______ they could be stored all winter before the invention of refrigerators.
B) no matter
E) in contrast
Answers: 1. D 2. D 3. C 4. B 5. E 6. D
Who this course is for:
- Learners who are preparing for international language exams like TOEFL, IELTS, the PTE, or the TOEIC will have a chance to review their grammar level.
- Learners who will take a language exam in their country or abroad will benefit highly from this course. They will revise key grammar points and practice key vocabulary items.
Ulku Kucukakin is currently working as an English instructor and exam writer at Middle East Technical University (METU), which is one the highest-ranking universities in the world.
He graduated from Bogazici University, Department of English Language Teaching (ELT) in 2003. While completing his bachelor’s degree, he worked for Johns Hopkins University, Center for Talented Youth (CTY) for three years during summer breaks. He completed his master's degree at Bilkent University, Department of Educational Administration. As part of his graduate education, he completed Cambridge University's extensive DELTA program designed for English language teaching. He has two e-books on Google Books platform, and he offers several courses on Udemy and has over 100K students enrolled in his courses at the moment.
Herkese merhabalar, ben Ülkü KÜÇÜKAKIN. 2003 yılında Boğaziçi Üniversitesi İngilizce Öğretmenliği Bölümü'nden mezun oldum. Stajlarımı Üsküdar Amerikan Lisesi ve Robert Koleji'nde tamamladım. Yine üniversite eğitimim sırasında Johns Hopkins University - Center for Talented Youth programında 3 dönem asistan olarak çalıştım.
Lisans eğitimim sonrasında, öğrenmeye ve eğitim almaya devam ettim. 2009 yılında Cambridge University en prestijli diploması olan DELTA diplomasını aldım. Yüksek lisansımı Bilkent Üniversitesi Eğitim Yönetimi Bölümü'nde tamamladım.
2011 yılından beridir ODTÜ'de öğretim görevlisi olarak çalışmakta ve burada Hazırlık Okulu Genel İngilizce derslerinin yanı sıra, YDS derslerine girmekteyim.
Yaklaşık 15 yıldır çok çeşitli profesyonel kurumlarda KPDS/YDS, TOEFL ve IELTS gibi sınavlara yönelik kurslar vermekteyim. YDS sınavından 2 kez 100 puan, Üniversite Giriş Sınavından da 99 puan aldım.
Tüm bu sebeplerle, siz değerli öğrencilerin sınav hazırlığı sürecinde en çok hangi alanlarda yardıma ihtiyaç duyduğunuzu yakın bir şekilde bildiğimi söyleyebilirim.