English for IT Professionals
What you'll learn
- After taking this course you will know over 140 terms related to IT industry that will help you feel more comfortable in your professional field
- You will be able to communicate with your colleagues or clients in English as you will learn useful grammar for communication
- You will feel more comfortable attending conferences and events held in English
- This course will make it easier to participate in activities and take further courses in your professional area in English
- After this course you will find it easier to read documentation and watch tutorials in English
- You should have access to a printer or a computer, because you will find downloadable worksheets in almost every lecture (these resources help you get the best result out of your learning)
- You should be able to understand English at a A2 - B1 level or above (this means that you understand clear standard speech and written information related to your work)
The course is for learners of English who work in IT or study information technology or related subjects. It contains about 140 IT words and phrases and 8 carefully chosen grammar topics to help you speak more confident at work and about work. The course is well-organized and divided into small lectures with lots of materials to study from. If you are looking for a fast and convenient way to improve your IT English, enroll to this course and you will definitely enjoy!
Who this course is for:
- This course is best for professionals working in IT industry and students who aim to work in IT and are interested in improving their English, especially knowledge of IT terminology and useful grammar
- This course is designed for non-native speakers of English with an intermediate level (A2 - B1 under the Common European Framework of Languages)
Being a continuous learner myself I find teaching and learning extremely interesting processes. I've been teaching English over 10 years and throughout that period I taught groups of students and individuals of different professions and walks of life.
I am interested in programming and web development and I have worked on a couple of projects as a freelancer. I also taught English to employees of a software development company and individual IT professionals to help them improve their carrier chances.
I'm happy to integrate my IT project management experience into my teaching as well.
I am happy to share my experience here on Udemy!
Hi, my name is Lilly and I am a professional English teacher. I have a Master’s Degree in English Studies. I have been teaching English for about 10 years. I mostly teach online and find this a great way to make learning easier to access and fun.
Lately, I have had a lot of students interested in English for Information Technologies: people who work in IT or are looking for a job in the field. My colleague and I decided to accumulate our efforts to create this online course.
Our goal is to make learning more diverse and effective. See you in the lessons!