English For IT Professionals 2.0
What you'll learn
- After taking this course you will be able to use a wide range of up-to-date IT-related vocabulary.
- You will learn more useful grammar and be able to speak with more confidence.
- This course will throw some light on IT-specific knowledge and will help you in your further professional development. (SDLC, QA, Tech Stack, Agile, etc.)
- You will feel more confident in different business situations such as conducting an online meeting or participating in a networking event.
- The course will help you have more effective communication with your team members and clients.
- You should be able to understand English at B1 level or higher.
- You could take our previous course English for IT Professionals but it is not obligatory.
With this course you’ll improve your IT English and take the next step in your professional development to get better career opportunities and promotion chances.
We'll cover plenty of IT-related vocabulary and advanced grammar topics that'll help you reach a new level of confidence in English, especially at your IT or IT-related job.
The vocabulary lessons include topics on IT companies, software development, languages and tools, a bit about agile, remote work, testing, meetings, IT trends etc and cover over 300 terms. Grammar section covers a comprehensive overview of past tenses and future grammar structures, passive voice, the use of articles, modal verbs etc.
In this course we've carefully chosen and prepared for you a series of video lectures on the most relevant topics. We also created quizzes to check your learning progress and assignments, that you'll work on to revise the material while also interacting with other students.
The course is designed for those who work in IT industry or intend to work in Information Technology in the future. There’s no Information Technology without English and so this course is going to be useful for current or future Software Developers, Project/Product Managers, Business Analysts, SW Architects, Designers, QA Specialists and professionals in other related areas.
Enroll today to upgrade your IT English! We're happy to have you on the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course will be best for IT professionals seeking to improve their English further.
- This course will be useful for people trying to switch to IT career.
- This course is designed for non-native speakers of English whose language proficiency is B1 or above.
Hi, my name is Lilly and I am a professional English teacher. I have a Master’s Degree in English Studies. I have been teaching English for about 10 years. I mostly teach online and find this a great way to make learning easier to access and fun.
Lately, I have had a lot of students interested in English for Information Technologies: people who work in IT or are looking for a job in the field. My colleague and I decided to accumulate our efforts to create this online course.
Our goal is to make learning more diverse and effective. See you in the lessons!
Being a continuous learner myself I find teaching and learning extremely interesting processes. I've been teaching English over 10 years and throughout that period I taught groups of students and individuals of different professions and walks of life.
I am interested in programming and web development and I have worked on a couple of projects as a freelancer. I also taught English to employees of a software development company and individual IT professionals to help them improve their carrier chances.
I'm happy to integrate my IT project management experience into my teaching as well.
I am happy to share my experience here on Udemy!