Energy efficiency in boilers- Part1 (Basics)
- high level understanding for engineering basics and industrial knowledge
Steam has come a long way from its traditional associations with locomotives and the Industrial Revolution. Today, it serves as an integral and essential part of modern technology. Without it, our food, textile, chemical, medical, power, heating and transport industries could not exist or perform as they do.
Steam provides a means of transporting controllable amounts of energy from a central, automated boiler house, where it can be efficiently and economically generated, to the point of use. Therefore, as steam moves around a plant, it can be considered to be both the transport and provision of energy.
For many reasons, steam is one of the most widely used commodities for conveying heat energy. Its use is popular throughout the industry for a broad range of tasks from mechanical power production to space heating and process applications.
In this course, we will look at Boilers from an energy perspective and we wanted to ensure that we build this on strong foundation basic. So, in this course we try to answer the following questions:
1. What we mean by a boiler in a simple term?
2. How energy and heat transfer inside boilers?
3. What are the typical boilers types used in the industry and what is the main characteristics for each type?
4. How we treat the boiler feed water and why it is important to monitor its quality?
5. Why we need to remove air and non-condensable gases from the steam system and how we can do this?
6. How we can calculate boiler efficiency?
7. How energy flows inside the boiler and what is the typical types of energy losses?
8. What is the total life cycle cost of running a boiler and why energy is the most significant part of this value?
9. What is the typical energy-saving opportunities at steam generation/production side?
10. Case study: How we can avoid wasting money in the air by minimizing heat losses from thermal insulation?
Who this course is for:
- Fresh graduate engineers
- Chemical engineers
- Production/process engineers
- mechanical engineers
- Energy managers
- plant operators
- oil and gas engineers
- 04:38Course content and how to take this course
- 05:01What we mean by boiler in a simple term?
My one word is efficiency and my main mission is to help the maximum number of people to be more efficient to actualize their full potential by giving them the best and most simple techniques that I learned in my 20 years of work in engineering and career development field.
My main objective is to help you to reach your full potential in order to have a life full of joy, satisfaction, self-esteem and success.
I believe that you need to change to make the world change for you and you need to invest in yourself to learn something new every day, as life is not about discovering yourself it is about creating yourself.
"My Vision is a world where all people can reach their full potential to add value to their companies, develop their societies for a better world for our next generations.”
I believe that life is a continuous learning journey and we came to earth to leave a mark, help others to succeed and work for a better future for our next generations.
You can contact me through one of the channels linked here. If you have a question for me regarding self-development, productivity, mind mapping, time management, Goal setting and finding your passion, just let me know and I will be there for you.
Certified Energy Manager/Lead Auditor with 15 years’ experience in petrochemical industries.
My mission is to save our valuable resources for our future generations and I am doing this by helping People in the industrial sector cascading the knowledge of energy efficiency in their facilities and companies to optimize their energy consumption through establishing efficient energy management systems and identifying credible energy savings opportunities that can cut their energy bills and increase their profits.
I am Energy Manager with more than 12 years’ experience in petrochemical industries including operation analysis, monitoring, solving troubleshooting problems and complex problem troubleshooting. my mission is to save our valuable resources for our future generations and I am doing this by helping companies to optimize their energy consumption through establishing efficient energy management systems and identifying credible energy savings opportunities that can cut their energy bills and increase their profits.
I got a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering with excellent grades.
Energy Manager in Energia-We solve company. Working as a consultant in projects related to Energia-We solve company and training for clients and companies.
Do many consultancies in companies and projects in sectors like fertilizers, textiles, oil & gas, Cement and food industries.
Courses and Training
1. Certified Energy Manager from the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE).
2. Compressors operation & maintenance course.
3. Certified lead auditor in Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015.
4. Certified lead auditor in Energy Management System ISO 50001:2018.
5. Completed twelve Energy Efficiency courses in the industrial sector including the following: Pumps, Boiler & steam system, Fans, Compressed air system, Thermal insulation, Financial analysis, Electric equipment and motors, Energy audit, Lighting system, Maintenance Best Practices for Energy-Efficient Facilities, Combustion and fuel Processes and Measuring and Benchmarking Energy Performance.