Empowering Adult Educators (Train the Trainer)
What you'll learn
- Successfully develop and lead educational experiences, trainings, workshops for adult learners.
- Understand the difference between teaching children and supporting adult education.
- Explore principles of adult learning to structure trainings, in-person and online, so that your students feel seen, heard, and supported.
- Learn simple, effective tools, including how to establish interactive learning, assessing student knowledge, and make the most of your time with your students.
- A desire to thrive as a trainer and be a remembered teacher.
- No prior experience needed to benefit from the contents of this training.
Learn how to frame adult learning experiences for optimal success - for you and your students!
Throughout our lifetimes, we've all had opportunities to learn through organized educational experiences and we've all had our favorite teachers. However, the way we learned as children was quite different than the way we learn as adults.
As trainers, we want to be those remembered teachers and we want to be able to hone our skills quickly and effectively.
This course is simple, short, and straight-forward, but contains all the key elements you need to be more successful and to catapult your trainings to the top of everyone's go-to list for awesome learning experiences.
1. Understand the difference between leading educational experiences for children and supporting adult learning. As adults, we want to learn content specific to our skill sets and interests as opposed to learning for the sake of obtaining new information. This course will help you design relevant and engaging course content.
2. Explore principles of adult learning that enable you to structure your trainings -- in-person and online -- so that your students feel seen, heard, and supported...and are motivated to learn and grow. These principles will help ensure your content is focused and relevant.
3. Review educational pedagogy and identify specific techniques that are effective for training adults while understanding the basics of education for children and adults. Knowing how people learn empowers you to create meaningful connections for your students which will translate directly into your success as a trainer.
5. Learn simple and effective tools to create and conduct adult learning experiences, including means for establishing interactive learning, assessing content relevance, and making the most of your time with your students.
Most importantly, the content is substantive, straight forward, and shared in a comfortable, easy-to-follow format.
You already know how to be an effective presenter. Take this course to be a successful -- and remembered -- trainer.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone Who Wants to Effectively and Confidently Lead Adult Education Experiences
- This course can help beginners hone their skills as trainers, but is also a useful refresher for established trainers.
Lisa Danahy has dedicated her career to enhancing life experiences and providing practical tools for wellness and personal success to children and adults of all ages. With a BA in Psychology and as certified educational trainer, master level yoga instructor, and former school administrator, Lisa has written curricula and training manuals, conducted classes, trainings, workshops and special events nationally, and published multiple articles, blogs, and newsletters designed to strengthen whole communities through mindfulness-based behavioral health programs such as meditation, therapeutic movement, and art and yoga, for all populations, including those with exceptional physical, emotional, social, behavioral, and learning challenges. Lisa is a Radiant Child Yoga facilitator and has presented advanced content at advanced yoga teacher trainings, the Annual Teacher Conference for the DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education, New Mexico National Association for the Education of Young Children, and the National Kids Yoga Conference.