Employment Practices Liability Insurance
- No requirements
It's simple to say that all employers should buy EPLI because they have employees. Yet not all employers have the same risk profile when it comes to employment practice liability; therefore, their insurance needs are also not the same. Understanding the basics of an employment practices liability insurance policy is key to insurance brokers, HR professionals, lawyers, and business owners. This course will walk you through the critical considerations, the things you need to do, and keep in mind when preparing to purchase EPLI.
The purpose of this guide is to help you be prepared and know which questions to ask so that you can be a well-informed buyer. By the end of this course, you will understand:
What to do and know, and mistakes to avoid before buying EPLI
The basics of an EPLI policy
What to buy? An understanding of the insuring agreements and some of the terms and conditions in a policy.
This course includes a downloadable Buyer's Guide, including a Buyer's worksheet, which can be used when meeting with an EPLI insurance specialist to review your policy or buy a new one.
Insurance is an integral part of every organization's management toolbox. It's more than just a necessary expense, something that needs to be ticked off the list every year. But the only way organizations can ensure they use their insurance to the best of their ability is to fully understand what they are buying and how it works.
For insurers and brokers, the better you understand the intricacies of EPLI policies, the better you can do your job in assisting your client.
And for buyers, risk managers, the more you understand, the better you can ensure that the policy you buy is the most suitable for your needs and that the policy, in turn, delivers when and how you need it to.
If you'd like to learn more about EPLI, including current trends impacting the employment practices liability environment, visit our website insurancetraining.center for our 2-hour course.
Who this course is for:
- Insurance Brokers
- Insurance Buyers
- HR Professionals
- Insurance Underwriters
- 02:42What is EPLI?
- 04:40The Evolving Nature of Employment Practices Liability
- 01:40What to do before buying EPLI
- 03:55Know why you need EPLI
- 01:25Selecting an insurer
- 01:50Understanding EPLI policy basics: Stand-alone or combined policy?
- 01:48Understanding EPLI policy basics: Policy period, ERP and geographical location
- 03:16What to buy? A look at the insuring agreements in an EPLI policy
- 02:05Policy declarations and general terms and conditions: Liability limits
- 02:31Policy declarations and general terms and conditions: Retention or deductible
- 01:18Policy declarations and general terms and conditions: Reporting and notice
- 01:04Policy declarations and general terms and conditions: Exposure and cancellation
- 01:14Policy declarations and general terms and conditions: Arbitration and others
- 02:12Policy declarations and general terms and conditions: Defense and settlement
- 01:11Policy declarations and general terms and conditions: Severability
- 01:16EPLI: A Buyer's guide wrap-up
Caroline is co-founder of ITC Education Inc., she founded it with a goal to positively impact the insurance industry by making information readily available to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Caroline began her career at a regional brokerage, progressing quickly to a managerial level. After completing her MBA at the Sauder School of Business, she was recruited by Chubb Insurance where her role evolved into executive liability underwriting. Caroline then went back to the brokerage side, as the Financial Line’s Manager, SVP, at JLT. Her focus was managing binder agreements for program business, product negotiation, and processing efficiency for teams while brokering multiple lines of insurance.
For more courses from ITC Education Inc., visit (insurancetraining.center)