Emotions and Expressions (Draw Better Faces)
What you'll learn
- Learn what points of tension on the face are and how to identify them
- Identify the four basic human emotions and learn the facial movements of each one
- Learn what a facial expression model sheet is
- Learn to set up and create a facial expression model sheet from scratch
- Observe and recognize subtle and complex emotional facial expressions
- Learn the importance of observation to improve your art and facial recognition prowess
- No prerequistes, use your favorite traditional tools or drawing program
Drawing accurate facial expressions that viewers can relate to can
seem tricky, but by understanding the emotions behind each facial
expression and how each emotion changes your facial muscles. We'll talk
about the four basic human emotions and I'll show you how to look for
points of tension on your face so you can get familiar with the specific
facial movements of each unique human emotion.
I'll also teach you about facial expression model sheets and walk you through making your own, so you can explore all kinds of facial expressions to get a better understanding of your character's individual emotional range.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner level students interested in learning how to draw emotionally resonate and accurate facial expressions
Hi, my name is Michelle and I'm an illustrator and cartoonist based in sunny Florida. I hold a BA in Graphic Design and in recent years I've been using my design training and work experience and been applying those skills to visual storytelling and fostering creativity.
I love working with other creatives and look forward to growing together.