Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
What you'll learn
- Recognize the value of emotional intelligence in organizational leaders.
- Identify the trends in today's business world that make executive emotional intelligence important.
- Select the areas of value provided by the emotionally intelligent leader.
- Identify the key attributes of emotionally intelligent leaders.
- Recognize the benefits of acquiring emotional intelligence.
- Identify the ways that executives can integrate nonjudgmentalism, perception, and sincerity into their leadership styles.
- Identify the aspects of responsibility and communication necessary to the emotionally intelligent leader.
- Identify the aspects of loyalty, boldness, zeal, and self-assurance necessary to the emotionally intelligent leader.
- Recognize the importance of developing his or her staff.
- Identify the important issues to consider in delegation.
- Identify how managers can delegate effectively.
- Apply the techniques to helping employees plan and achieve goals.
- Recognize the value of increasing other people's emotional intelligence.
- Identify the characteristics needed to manage an emotional situation.
- Apply the calming techniques to emotional situations.
- Apply the supportive listening techniques to employee interactions.
- No special prerequisites for this course.
The Emotionally Intelligent Leadership course is the last course included in the Developing Emotional Intelligence Program, also presented as individual courses for your convenience.
Emotional intelligence is a popular concept. How does it relate to your effectiveness as a leader? This course delves into the importance of emotional intelligence to today's leaders. You'll examine: • why leaders need emotional intelligence
• how you can acquire emotional intelligence
• why it's important to develop your staff
• how you can increase others' emotional intelligence.
This course will provide you with a step-by-step guide to increasing your effectiveness as a leader. You'll learn proven techniques for improving your relationship with your staff. You will also examine leadership strategies for getting more work done with less stress.
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders will benefit from this course.
Sorin Dumitrascu is a man with many talents and a passion for helping others grow and develop. He has been involved in the development and delivery of courses on management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, and more for over 15 years.
Sorin is also a certified trainer and project manager, with a master's degree in International Relations and Policy Making as well as a bachelor's degree in Law and Public Administration. He has coordinated projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development, and human resources for over a decade.
Sorin has an extensive background in civil service, private sector and NGO work. He has more than 15 years of managerial experience in justice, corrections, internal affairs, training, project management and consultancy within the private sector and NGO.
Additionally, he is certified as an ICDL tester and trainer for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions and holds a professional degree in public management.