Emotional Intelligence: How To Influence People & Businesses
What you'll learn
- Have a clear understanding of what emotional intelligence (EQ) is and what it’s not.
- Have a FRAMEWORK for understanding Emotional Intelligence and how to use it.
- You will DEVELOP the 5 core principles of Emotional Intelligence
- To ASSESS your Emotional Intelligence capabilities
- Stimulate REFLECTION on the benefits of emotional intelligence
- Have clear GUIDELINES on how to use Emotional Intelligence
- You will have a plan to DEVELOP and apply Emotional Intelligence on yourself and business
- This course is suitable for students at all levels and there are not actions to be performed before the course.
- To fully get the benefits of this course, the student needs to be open to challenge themselves, their values and believes and how they relate with the world around them.
Have you ever struggled connecting with people in small talk, at networking events or wondered why some people just seem to get on with everyone?
Have you ever wondered why some people achieve more success than others? What is it about how they behave and interact, how they are "wired" that drives them to greater success than others?
The academic world focuses on IQ) to define your business destiny but according to research the real world works on something completely different and that's what separates successful leaders from the average ones.
Author Daniel Goleman argues that our view of human intelligence is far too narrow, and that our emotions play major role in thought, decision making and individual success.
Self-awareness, impulse control, persistence, motivation, empathy and social deftness are all qualities that mark people who excel: whose relationships flourish, who are stars in their business endeavours.
This course goes through the 5 core emotional keys and principles of emotional intelligence to show you how you influence those around you and the people that you meet on a daily basis either in social settings or business. You will grow as a person as you identify, nature and strengthen what you already have to gain increased self awareness, motivation, self control and emotion management amongst others.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Who this course is for:
- This course is suitable for a student who would like to build profitable relationships
- If you struggle in small talk in networking meetings
- If you want to build trust - the 'know, like and trust' strategy
- If you struggle to connect with people in the first instance
- If you are selling a product or service and would like to sell without selling
- Increase likability factor
- This course is not for you if you are an advanced negotiator or are trained in sales
Serah holds BA (Hons.) Business, MCIPS, FIOEE, PRINCE2 Practitioner, an International Speaker, Author, Radio Presenter and Master Business Coach.
Serah has worked as Senior Corporate Executive in U.K financial services and telecoms sectors for over 12 years and has vast experience in the areas of business strategy, negotiation, strategic sourcing, business development and personal development among others.
To broaden and diversify her skills Serah immersed herself in the ever changing world of Digital Business, Internet Marketing and Consumer technologies and is an early adopter of emerging technologies.
Serah also works in the startup and entrepreneurship space and working with Silicon Valley VCs run Startup Bootcamps globally.
Commitment to personal development transformed Serah's life. She strongly believes that learning should be a lifelong habit. Today Serah not only teaches what she knows but she spends time daily learning new things.
'Every day is a school day' and Udemy is the perfect accessible 'school' 24/7 for the serious ones!