Emotional Intelligence Certification Self Management Level 2
What you'll learn
- Have completed one of four modules for their Emotional Intelligence certification
- Deal with tough situations easier
- Emotional Intelligence Certification: Self Awareness Level 1
- Need a desire to increase your Emotional Intelligence
This course deals with Managing Yourself and Emotional Intelligence.
It is the second level of four certification courses, which can be done in any order.
A set of emotional, social and relational skills that guides the way we perceive, understand and express ourselves; connect with others; manage interpersonal exchange; cope with challenges; and apply emotional information in an effective, meaningful way.
Research indicates that emotional intelligence can be learned and be measurable differences directly associated with professional and personal success. Furthermore, it may be responsible for up to 80% of the success we experience in life.
The basic areas of emotional intelligence are self-awareness, self-management; empathy/social awareness and relationship management.
The self-management quotient indicates self-evaluation coupled with self-regulation. The awareness & discipline to control & harness feelings directly impacts the ability to achieve personal objectives & develop inner resolution. Satisfaction, happiness & contentment are results of self-management.
- Emotional management
- Optimism, Happiness
- Stress Management
- Adaptability, Agility
- Goal setting
- Impulse control
Self-Management is comprised of 5 sub-categories:
- Self-Control, Discipline: effectively handling impulses; maintaining composure while experiencing stressful, trying emotions; managing preparation & performance; actively choosing paths; self-directing; the ability to emotionally persist to achieve strategic objectives.
- Goal-Directed Performance, Targeted Action: focus to achieve long term desired goals; emotional tenacity & persistence; drive to choose challenging objectives & assume acceptable risk; staying the course to completion; resilience in the face of obstacles & setbacks; seizing opportunities.
- Integrity, Trustworthiness: the ability to work with conscience, ethics & integrity; operating with personal standards, principles & values; being dependable, reliable & authentic; keeping promises & assuming personal responsibility.
- Motivation, Positive Psychology, Initiative: self-energizing; the ability to be mentally & emotionally engaged; attitude; passion; choosing cause & effect feelings; being responsible for personal success; acting & choosing feelings in accordance with positive emotions, optimism & constructive feelings; limiting negative emotions, patterns & spirals.
- Creativity, Agility, Flexibility, Adaptability: coping with change, transition & development; adjusting to situations, relationships & feelings; handling curiosity & imagination to create, discover & explore opportunities; innovation for progress; cognitive & emotional shifts.
Don't wait! Enroll today!
Who this course is for:
- Therapists who want to Understand Emotional Intelligence at a Deeper Level
- Human Resource Specialists who want a Certification in Emotional Intelligence
Scott Paton has been podcasting since the spring of 2005. He has executive produced and/or co-hosted over 45 podcasts. An internationally renowned speaker, Scott has presented to audiences from London, England to Sydney, Australia, from Vancouver, BC to New York, NY, from LA to Rwanda. Thousands of entrepreneurs and NGO's have changed their public engagement strategies based on Scott's sharing. We hope you will, too!
Scott has over 500,500 students from 199 countries taking at least one of his 100+ courses.
Scott joined Udemy in 2013. In late 2014, one of his clients inspired him to make a video course on Podcasting. He revisited Udemy and got very excited at the potential. After his course went live, Scott told his clients and many decided to make courses but needed help, so he has become a co-instructor with them, while continuing to support and build his own courses. His co-topics all include areas of life-long learning by Scott, including Stock Option Trading, Alternative Health, EFT, and Relationships.
Author of Mind Matters: Applying Emotional Intelligence for Personal & Professional Success & the EIQ-2 Learning Systems... Professor, Coach, Consultant, Counselor... participative, visual, experiential learning through all phases of communication, relationships, influence, positive psychology, emotional intelligence, and sales development; thoroughly integrate comprehensive development from subject matter expertise, psychology and adult development; Certified, Experienced, Result Driven
Research published this year by Harvard and Stanford Business Schools suggests that health problems associated with job-related anxiety account for more deaths each year in the US than Alzheimer’s disease or diabetes. It is likely that the same is true in the UK.
The combination of the Amazon story and the recent study into the impact of work-related stress means that there are important questions that all organisations should ask themselves.
These include: What type of management culture do we foster? What informal conflict management techniques do we offer to foster healthy workplace relationships? What are we doing to enable people at work to enjoy their jobs and thrive, both psychologically and physically?
Scott teaches non-violent communication techniques that help managers live healthier productive lives.