Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Coaching
What you'll learn
- Discover ways to develop your coaching and your emotional intelligence skills
- Investigate a set of tools that will set you apart from other coaches and put your coaching in a completely different league
- Evaluate how coaching with emotional intelligence can lead to better outcomes with people
- Explore how people would benefit from a coaching approach in a variety of circumstances
- Differentiate your leadership capabilities through the application of emotional intelligence
- Identify conversational techniques to build rapport and empathy
- Interpret and evaluate what motivates others to achieve a higher level of performance
- Relate to people better engaging with them at a deeper level
- You should have an interest and understanding of coaching and emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience is needed to benefit from the course
- An interest in how interactions with other people work and how to build them more effectively
- A keenness to learn about coaching and how to work with emotional intelligence - yours and other's emotional intelligence
- You should have a willingness to complete the practical activities to grow and develop your emotional intelligence skills
The field of coaching has grown considerably in recent times. It is a fundamental communication skill when emotional intelligence is used well.
Coaching equips people with the tools, knowledge, and opportunities they need to fully develop themselves to be effective in their commitment to themselves, the company, and their work. It can be used in a variety of ways, for example, getting past an impasse, removing a stumbling block or drawing out and building on strengths.
Transformational coaching involves helping people bettering themselves and their lives by bringing about necessary changes. Transformational coaching clients work on changing the way they see themselves.
Executive coaching involves helping individuals (usually executives, but often high-potential employees) to gain self-awareness, clarify goals, achieve their development objectives, unlock their potential, and act as a sounding board.
Emotional intelligence coaching embraces all of these styles of coaching but also works with the intelligence and knowledge supplied through emotions.
Emotional Intelligence is the science and practice of good emotional awareness and self-management. Successfully applied in the workplace it accounts for greater success than intellectual capabilities.
Emotional intelligence coaching not only reveals the unique working of your emotional realm but also directs you to your untapped potential and to where you've been holding yourself back. It's a very powerful form of personal leadership coaching that's both discreet and trusted.
Emotional intelligence coaching builds personal skills and empathy by demonstrating what good looks like both practically and on an emotional level. It brings together tried and tested coaching techniques within the construct of emotional intelligence.
Empathy is a communication skill that is a fundamental component of emotional intelligence. Using empathy builds trust and keeps conversations focused on increasing performance and employee engagement.
People often talk about positive and negative emotions. This is not that helpful as emotions cannot really be labelled in that way. The course also covers the myths around positive and negative emotions and why this terminology is not appropriate when working to understand emotions and emotional intelligence in the workplace.
This communication skills course is for you if you work with people as a leader or manager and are looking at ways to help improve performance by developing emotional intelligence through coaching. You may already be working as a business coach.
The course gives you straightforward approaches to:
Gaining insights into emotional intelligence with its application in coaching
Building coaching skills and creating a deeper understanding of working to develop other people to improve their capabilities and their performance
Using questioning techniques for performance conversations that develops excellence and builds empathy
Creating a coaching environment without formalising coaching
The GROW (Goal, Reality, Options, Will) Model is a well-respected tool in coaching and this is explored to improve your questioning and listening techniques. It demonstrates the power of coaching through the use of a structure that enables questioning to flow conversationally and in a logical sequence.
Other techniques are covered including a process to coach using emotional intelligence and help others discover their emotional intelligence.
By completing this communication skills course, you will be able to
Explore how people would benefit from a coaching approach to give the greatest chance of success
Discover ways to develop your coaching and your emotional intelligence skills
Investigate a set of tools that will set you apart from other coaches and put your coaching in a completely different league
Identify conversational techniques to build rapport and empathy to relate to people by engaging with them at a deeper level
Simple, to the point, no-nonsense and effective advice on workplace coaching with emotional intelligence.
There is a quiz to test your knowledge about coaching and there are FOUR practical activities included in the course. The best way to develop your coaching is to build and practice your capabilities and skills by coaching others. There are guided activities within the course to help you with this if you need them.
This became a Udemy highly rated course a few months ago but has recently received a few low ratings without comments. I am not sure the reasons behind this. Without feedback I am unable to make further improvements to the course. Low raters who don't leave comments are not exercising their coaching skills nor their emotional intelligence!
The course contains a series of Lightbulb Moments resource cards, which have been created to provide you with handy reminders of key points around topics covered within the course.
All PDFs can be completed online and are Section 508 / ADA Accessibility compliant.
All videos are High Definition recorded in 1080p.
All captions have been reviewed and are grammatically correct.
Latest update - January 2023
Who this course is for:
- This emotional Intelligence course is designed for anyone in a leadership position in an organisation who is interested in improving their coaching skills
- You will be responsible for leading and managing groups of people to achieve outcomes and enhance performance
- Generally, this course attracts human resources, sales and marketing, training professionals, corporate executives, leaders, managers, supervisors and coaches
- This course will not be of interest to you if you manage processes and tasks with little focus on the people involved
Hi. I'm Robin Hills. I am an emotional intelligence coach, trainer and facilitator with over 40 years' business and commercial experience. I provide knowledge and skills that help people understand themselves and others better.
I have the most comprehensive range of on-line courses based on emotional intelligence in business - not only on Udemy but anywhere on the internet. I am not teaching any other types of course as I am a specialist in emotional intelligence and it is the focus of my business.
My courses go beyond the fundamental basics of emotional intelligence covering many aspects of how it can be applied in day to day work to lead, grow and develop people in ways that build authentic relationships.
My work takes me into small start-ups through to large corporate multi-nationals and into the Public Sector with financial institutions, government departments and health departments, as well as charities. This provides me a practical understanding of how emotional intelligence works and applied in the real world, enabling me to keep up to date with relevant issues.
I'm a registered practitioner with the British Psychological Society and an active member of the NW committee of the Association for Business Psychology.
My company is Ei4Change (Emotional Intelligence 4 Change) - recognised nationally and internationally as specialists with expertise in training, personal development and coaching focusing on emotional intelligence, positive psychology and neuroscience in the workplace. Our emotional intelligence programmes are accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Over the last few years, I have delivered workshops at global emotional intelligence and neuroscience conferences. These have been held at Harvard University, at University of Manchester, in Cape Town, the Middle East and India.
I am the author of
- The Authority Guide to Emotional Resilience: Strategies to weather storms and manage stress in the workplace (published May 2016)
- The Authority Guide to Behaviour in Business: How to build successful and powerful relationships (published November 2017)
Both are available on Amazon.
Teaching emotional intelligence skills is a challenge at the best of times so these courses require you to take some ACTION and put into practice what you have learnt. I am here to support and guide you.
The learning process I use on Udemy is designed to work with you and the challenges you are facing today and tomorrow. It is practice-driven, evidence-based and directly helps you to improve your capacity to change.
Many of my Udemy courses offer you the chance to win a valuable prize as you work through the course.
All learners gain access to additional resources to develop emotional intelligence outside of Udemy, including a free book, podcasts and subscription to a digital magazine - Ei-Matters.
I look forward to empowering your emotional management.