- 2 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Deal with tough sitautions easier
- Have completed one of four modules for their Emotional Intelligence certification
- No prerequisites
- Need a desire to increase your Emotional Intelligence
This course deals with Self Awareness and Emotional Intelligence
It is the first of four certification courses, which can be done in any order.
The four courses are:
- Emotional Intelligence Certification: Self Awareness Level 1
- Emotional Intelligence Certification Self Management Level 2
- Empathy and Social Awareness EI Certification: Level 3
- Relationship Management EI Certification - Level 4
Emotional Intelligence:A set of emotional, social and relational skills that guides the way we perceive, understand and express ourselves; connect with others; manage interpersonal exchange; cope with challenges; and apply emotional information in an effective, meaningful way.
Research indicates that emotional intelligence can be learned and be measurable differences directly associated with professional and personal success. Furthermore, it may be responsible for up to 80% of the success we experience in life.
The basic areas of emotional intelligence are self-awareness, self-management; empathy/social awareness and relationship management.
Self-awareness reflects understanding, personal acceptance & an overall understanding of personal psychology. Self-awareness is foundational to social awareness & self-management.
- Personality elements
- Learning styles
- Mental attitudes & states
- Comfort & discomfort
- Strengths &
- Self esteem
- Tension/stress levels
- Emotional Well-being
- Internal Empathy
Self Recognition is comprised of 5 sub-categories:
- Self-Awareness/Understanding: a conscious, deliberate reflection on personal identity, image, feelings, motives, desires & how these are associated with perceptions of self in the context of various situations. Empathy & understanding of self. Knowing why emotions occur. Being authentic.
- Connections of Cause & Effect: recognition of the impact & consequence of behaviors on feelings & moods; separating external & internal factors effecting emotions. Knowing how feelings relate to performance.
- Self-Appreciation, Acceptance & Confidence: development of self-esteem; personal worth & value; & coming to grips with personal attributes. Recognizing personal strengths, weaknesses, & limitations. Operating with realistic self-assurance.
- Consciousness, Assertiveness: intentional establishment of personal boundaries & appropriate limits; choosing a path that expresses self-worth through personal care & outward presentation (presence).
- Emotional Identification: ability to identify & name personal feelings; vocabulary & definition of emotions allowing choices, responses & performance; effective reflection on intrapersonal information.
- Therapists who want to Understand Emotional Intelligence at a Deeper Level
- Human Resource Specialists who want a Certification in Emotional Intelligence
Your feelings are impacted by the energy behind them. Learn about how much energy is behind your emotions. Some emotions are dominant and others are passive or in the background. Your emotions move fast.
Create systems that turn into routines and patterns, which are more powerful than relying on willpower. Set yourself up for success by putting systems in place that support your goals. A little improvement on a daily basis works far superior than trying to leapfrog from where you are to where you want to be.
Develop the discipline to make your mind the slave, not the master. We focus on that consciousness. To create that focus, we need to know about the subconscious and unconscious minds. We get patterns of emotions, which end up in the subconscious and unconscious. Is 75% of your self talk negative?
Do you think you can take care of others without taking care of yourself?
These come from positive, realistic expectations. Do you want to create higher levels of excellence?
You can help your fellow students by leaving a Review of this course. The Review lets your fellow students make the decision to take the course or not. It helps them understand how your experiences in the course helped you become more charismatic, and then they can decide if they want to follow in your footsteps.