Emerging Technology Trends and their Implications for Audit
What you'll learn
- An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation and the impact on Audit and Auditors.
- An Introduction to Big Data, Data Analytics, Quantum Computing, Cloud and Edge Computing and the impact on Audit and Auditors.
- An Introduction to Extended Reality, Blockchain, the Internet of Things and the impact on Audit and Auditors.
- There are no course requirements or prerequisites, you will get the most out of this course if you are involved with audit either as an Auditor (IT or Financial), Accountant, Board member or Manager or have an interest in the future of audit.
The Digital Revolution is tremendously exciting and producing many emergent technologies.
This is an introductory course that will develop your understanding of key emerging technology trends and their implications for Audit and Auditors. This course would also be useful for those involved with the world of audit such as Board members, Audit Committee members, Directors and Managers.
Learn about the key emerging technology trends which are having and will have the most impact on audit. This course covers:
Artificial Intelligence - You will be introduced to the concepts of Focused and Artificial General Intelligence and the implications of AI for audit.
Machine Learning -. You will be introduced to the four types of machine learning and the implications for audit and auditors.
Robotic Process Automation - You will learn where RPA is used most effectively and the implications of AI for audit and auditors.
Quantum Computing - You will learn about he three types of Quantum computing and the implications for audit and auditors.
Cloud Computing - You will learn about the difference between the two types of computing and the implications for audit and auditors.
Big Data - You will learn about Big Data, what it is and what it is not. You will learn about why Big Data is important, how Big Data is used and the implications for audit and auditors.
Data Analytics - You will learn about the difference between Machine Learning and Data Analytics and the implications for audit and auditors.
Extended Reality - You will learn about the three types of Extended Reality and their implications for audit and auditors.
Blockchain - You will learn about public and private blockchain, common usages and the implications for audit and auditors.
Internet of Things - You will learn about what IOT controls are of particular concern and the implications for audit and auditors.
Who this course is for:
- Internal Auditors, External Auditors, Accountancy professionals, Financial Auditors, IT Auditors, Senior Managers. Audit Committee Members, Board Members
I am a Chartered Accountant (ACA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). An expert in IT and financial audit working at the highest levels in government and also having been Head of IT for a well-known NGO I understand both audit and IT from practical experience as well as theory. I have been a consultant for many years working with the UN, EU, IMF, World Bank and varied UK and international government bodies as well as the private sector.