Emergency & Business Continuity Management - Small Business
What you'll learn
- As a small business, the steps you’ll take to become and remain ‘resilient’.
- How to identify and manage risk.
- How to assess the impact of disruption on your business over time.
- How to create your Emergency Response Plan.
- During and after an emergency, how to lead your team and communicate with everyone that matters.
- How to create your Business Continuity Plan.
- How to keep your Plans ‘alive’ in your business, keeping you ready to respond to challenges.
- Your firm belief in a bright future for your business.
- Your intimate knowledge and experience of your business.
- Time to watch tutorials and write your plans using the templates we’ve provided (1 hour of tutorials).
- Access to PowerPoint, Excel or an open source freeware equivalent.
As a small business (1-50 people), you will want to prevent disruption, protect your assets and prepare for the worst that the world can throw at you. We will provide you with the training and tools to respond to emergencies, continue to do business and recover. The course is designed to suit you, no matter what your business does. The course provides a combination of video tutorials, plan templates and detailed guidance contained within them. It is flexibly designed to suit the time you have available, and the size and services of your business. Each template supports the video training with detailed advice on every step you need to take. Some of the benefits you’ll experience are:
· Making sure that your business can survive the impact of serious disruption for a more secure future.
· Reassure your clients and customers that you can meet their needs, even when faced by major challenges.
· Find opportunity and new clients by showing that you’re a safer bet than your competition.
· In future, we could see that insurers may offer better deals to resilient businesses.
COVID 19: If you are already experiencing disruption, modules 2, 3 and 6 will help you think ahead and to manage your immediate planning. During this period, the many other challenges you could face won’t go away, so you may wish to take advantage of any time available to get prepared now.
Who this course is for:
- Some examples of businesses that will benefit from this course are: * Office-based (Agencies, accountants, law firms, financial sector, consultancies etc), * Independent Retailers and Franchises, * Builders, Plumbers, Electricians, * Cafes, Restaurants and Fast Food Outlets, * Pubs, Bars and Microbreweries, *Taxicab and Delivery Companies, * Hair and Beauty Salons, * Hotels, B&Bs and Guest Houses, * Automotive (Independent Garages, Body Shops and Dealerships), * Charities, * Gyms and Spas, * Religious and Community Centres.
Johnny is a specialist in performance excellence in risk, security, crisis and business continuity management. He assists organisations of all types to survive and thrive, especially in extreme and complex environments. He is a former British Army Officer and resilience planning officer within the UK Central Government’s strategic crisis management organisation. He has helped businesses create emergency and business continuity plans in the data centres, mining, manufacturing, legal, oil and gas, private security, energy, finance, transport, telecommunications, retail, NGO and healthcare industries around the world. In the public sector, he has designed and implemented resilience policy, planning, operational programmes and exercises to build strategic crisis management capabilities for the United Nations, the European Commission and the UK Government. He holds ‘Member’ status in the Business Continuity Institute (MBCI).