Embracing a Culture of Feedback
What you'll learn
- Conquer your anxiety about giving or receiving feedback so that it becomes second nature
- Identify feedback style in yourself and others
- Recognize the benefits of feedback, and the consequence of not generously offering it
- Determine what might be holding you back from freely giving and receiving feedback
- Discover a four-step process to effectively deliver feedback
- Avoid the most common feedback errors and debunk common feedback myths
- Receive feedback openly and put it into practice using an AIM SMART Plan
- Make an action plan to bring a culture of feedback to your organization
- Ideally, students should be employed in an organization where they are either managing or being managed by someone else and/or required to work well with others.
- A willingness to embrace the conversations we're not having
If the idea of having a feedback conversation is up there with getting a cavity filled, guess what? You're not alone, there's a scientific reason for that reaction, and an equally powerful motivation for doing it anyway. In fact, the simple and proven tools that you'll be given in this course will not only explain the neuroscience behind giving and receiving feedback, but also how to get into a 'rest and digest' mindset so that you and your colleagues can actually embrace the feedback and therefore increase your performance and reach your goals.
The reality is that we are all shying away from having the conversations that can most impact our growth, development and advancement at work. In this engaging and interactive course, you will:
Conquer your anxiety about giving or receiving feedback so that it becomes second nature
Identify feedback style in yourself and others
Recognize the benefits of feedback, and the consequence of not generously offering it
Determine what might be holding you back from freely giving and receiving feedback
Practice a proven 4-step feedback process for delivering feedback with finesse
Avoid the most common feedback errors and debunk the common myths
Receive feedback openly and put feedback into practice using an AIM SMART Plan
Create a plan to bring a culture of feedback to your organization
Move from delivering annual performance reviews to embracing a culture of continuous improvement everyday
With these tools, you will not only increase your motivation to give and receive continuous feedback, but also better establish yourself as the kind of leader who is invested in the growth and development of your people. We are navigating the path to leadership during a time of unprecedented volatility, uncertainty and change, and the ability to 'feed back' to one another what we're seeing, in real time, is the secret weapon for keeping us moving swiftly in the right direction.
In this course, you will integrate the learning in real time, by getting hands-on practice with activities such as putting together a specific feedback action plan plan using a 4-step process, identifying the most common feedback errors, identifying your feedback style and drafting your own feedback mantra to ensure you never shy away from these conversations again.
This is unlike any other course of its kind because it goes beyond the typical 'how to give and receive feedback' training to actually embracing a culture of continuous improvement everyday. In addition, I have over 20+ years of business leadership experience and first hand knowledge and examples to share about the power of feedback in maximizing your potential.
After taking this course, feedback conversations will become so second-nature and fulfilling, that you will look forward to having them any place, anywhere and with anyone, anytime. Enroll today, and you'll be just one hour away from becoming an expert at creating a culture of continuous improvement in your organization, and the kind of leader that everyone wants to work for.
Who this course is for:
- Mid-level managers, who are responsible for 'feeding back' to others how they are performing in order to foster their growth and development. That said, the ability to deliver and receive feedback is a performance game-changer at any level.
- Anyone curious about the power of giving and receiving feedback with excellence
Maureen is an Executive Coach, Speaker and Trainer, who partners with high potential individuals, groups and teams on their quest to lead with greater purpose, influence and effectiveness.
She believes the best instructors, coaches and trainers are the ones who've 'played the game' and has over 25+ years of business leadership experience and first-hand knowledge of the power of feedback and the impact it can make on our professional growth, development and fulfillment.
Across her career, she was fortunate to work with many blue-chip clients including, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, United Airlines and Novartis at global agencies such as McCann, Grey, Saatchi & Saatchi and, most recently, mcgarrybowen, where she was Managing Director, Head of Client Services.
Today, her best days are helping people create action plans against their goals and remove any barriers that might be in the way of achieving them, including our ability to embrace a culture of on-going feedback and continuous improvement.
Maureen received her coaching certification from iPEC (Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching), is an active member of the International Coaching Federation and is also a DiSC certified practitioner.