Ember.js Programming: From Beginner to Developer: 3-in-1
What you'll learn
- Make the best of Ember features and make your components very flexible and reusable
- Perform four major actions required in an application lifecycle, that is, creating, reading, updating, and deleting objects
- Build a fully functional frontend application without the need for an actual API
- Learn how to build your own data structures in Ember
- Nest components and understand how to pass data between them using the DDAU paradigm
- Build complex apps, by building multiple ember apps and composing them together
- Know how to create Ember addons
- Learn how to perform server-side rendering using fastboot
This training program includes 3 complete courses, carefully chosen to give you the most comprehensive training possible.
The first course, Building Web Applications with Ember, begins with setting up development environment for Ember.js. You will then explore templates (Ember uses the handlebars library as the default templating engine) and implement conditionals, links, and actions. You will also write your own helpers to customize your view layer. Next, you will be glanced through Ember data and will create all the necessary models. You will explore the various adapters that are available to connect with various backend/API servers. Finally, you will set up components and acquire a deeper understanding of this important Ember construct.
In the second course, Test Driven Web Application Development with Ember, you will learn to define complex relationships in Ember to build an application that will allow customers to browse products in a web-shop. The application will allow your customers to search categories for their preferred products, compare products, add them to their shopping cart, and then place them in an order list. You will then implement various functionalities and understand how to set up cross-sell/up-sell type modules.
By the end of this Learning Path, you would have mastered Ember.js to such an extent that you would be well-equipped to seamlessly work with and create web applications powered by Ember.js.
Meet Your Expert(s):
We have the best work of the following esteemed author(s) to ensure that your learning journey is smooth:
Who this course is for:
- This learning path is designed for those who have no background in the Ember .js framework but would like to understand how to get started with building web applications. Application developers who are keen to enhance their skill set and are looking for a quicker way to build powerful, stable, and efficient applications will also benefit greatly from this course.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.