- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 42 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Linux command line
- Mostly used linux commands
- VIM editor
- GIT for revision control of code
- Root filesystem
- Linux advantage over window for development
- Basic of virtual machine
- Code parsing for ctags and cscope
- Installing ubuntu inside virtualbox
- Concept on how to decide which embedded linux board you should buy
- Serial communication using minicom
- Network communication using ssh
- DropBear for ssh server
- Very basic knowledge of compiler, C language and microprocessor.
- No any special tools required, only window 7 or window 10 required.
Update for course slide ->> All slides of this course has been updated in pdf format in there respective sections.
This course is designed keeping in mind of providing overall understanding of embedded linux. This course does not cover advanced topic of linux kernel. In this course, you don't really have to buy any embedded hardware or evaluation board. Here first you will learn about linux basic concepts which will be applicable for all the linux professional. After the linux basic concepts, we will move towards topics especially designed for embedded linux. In embedded linux specific topics, we will cover qemu, toolchain, bootloader, kernel and root filesystem.
Throughout embedded linux specific topics, we will be taking reference of qemu instead of real target board like RPi or beaglebone black for covering the practical examples.
Best part of this course unlike other courses on udemy is that you don't have to buy costly embedded linux capable hardware/board. We will do all the practical examples like running u-boot, kernel, rootfs on Qemu which is a hardware emulator. Once you will be comfortable with concept of embedded linux, then based on your requirement and budget, you can buy a perfect embedded linux board. In this course, you will get to know how to select best possible board for you.
*** This course is available in both video and slides. Choose anyone or both which work best for you. ***
*** Please note that this embedded linux course will keep updating to improve the course and meet any specific area of interest within the scope of the course based on students feedback and demand. ***
- This course is especially designed for those who want to make career in Embedded Linux domain.
- This course has been designed keeping in mind of both absolute beginners and Intermediate programmers in embedded linux field.