Business Skills: Email Etiquette Rules Everyone Should Know
What you'll learn
- save time and reduce communication frustration
- explain circumstances when sending an email is necessary and / or appropriate
- identify situations when sending or retrieving emails is not acceptable
- create an email subject line which accurately describes the message's content
- consider visual components of an email, in order to enhance comprehension
- determine who should (and should not) receive copies of emails - in CC or BCC
- know how to manage situations where an email reaches the wrong people
- identify and use appropriate tone and level of formality
- You will need to print some material which complements the video lectures, so access to a printer is advisable.
- Ideally, you're working in a field which requires regular email communication with a variety of people. This course requires you to apply the knowledge to your workplace.
- You're either a native English-speaker, or have advanced knowledge of English (e.g. CEF B2+)
According to Business Insider, "the average U.S. employee spends about a quarter of his or her time at work combing through the hundreds of emails each employee sends and receives each day ".
But despite the sheer volume of emails we send and receive, many business professionals do not use email appropriately. Inappropriate email etiquette can negatively impact on perceptions of professionalism, on efficiency and can increase a company's risk of liability.
This course helps you minimise that risk by coaching you in exceptional email etiquette. Naturally, that includes a focus on professionalism in the workplace, behaviour, email structure, formatting, spelling, the importance of spelling and grammar, the all-important subject line and much more.
Based on my eleven years' experience training professionals in more effective business communication, this course is your go-to guide to write right, every time.
Join me for video and text lectures, hands-on activities, quizzes and more. Download handy resources. Get personalised feedback via the Q&A board, share your experiences and contribute to a growing knowledge base created by professionals just like you from all over the world.
Ready to put your best foot forward? Fantastic. Looking forward to seeing you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for all business professionals who want to be more confident and effective when they write to their clients and coworkers.
I offer two distinct types of courses: for instructional designers and ESL professionals, and for English learners.
For Instructional Designers and ESL Professionals - I want to show you how to build a successful career as a trainer by helping you focus on both the profession and the possibilities generated by implementing instructional design principles and observing best practice business management.
Why? Because I love being a successful business owner, I love being a trainer. And I want to share this passion and enthusiasm with you, help you solve training problems and build a successful career.
For English Learners - capitalise on my 11 years’ experience training business professionals in effective communication skills, and find out why my clients keep coming back for more!
So, who am I? I'm an Australian business skills and language trainer based in Germany since early 2006, and my professional background is originally in the Australian private and public sectors. I combine this business and policy background with a passion for providing interesting, engaging and enjoyable training programs.
Through my company, O'Connell Advanced Training Solutions, I provide advanced coaching and development in more effective business English communication, delivered through competency-based, customised, individual or small group training programs.
My clients include multi-national corporations, medium-sized enterprises and individuals.
I look forward to seeing you in my courses and to helping you be the best trainer you can be.
You can contact me for workshops or customised face-to-face training solutions.
UND JETZT AUF DEUTSCH:
Seit 2006 arbeite ich als freiberuflicher Sprachtrainer in Deutschland. Mit meinem Unternehmen O’Connell Advanced Training Solutions arbeite ich für Privat-Personen sowie Studenten aus verschiedensten Unternehmen und Industriezweigen, um Englisch-Kenntnisse effektiv zu verbessern und interkulturelle Besonderheiten zu vermitteln.
Der Fokus meines Trainings liegt auf kompetentem, individualisiertem Unterricht mit starker Erfolgsorientierung. Praxisnähe, moderne Lehrmethoden und engagierter und unterhaltsamer Unterricht machen das Lernen bei mir einfacher und schneller.
Je nach Situation kann der Unterricht für Einzel-Personen oder kleine Gruppen, als persönliches Training oder als Online-Lesson organisiert werden.
Gerne helfe ich Dir, Dein Englisch zu verbessern! Kontaktiere mich einfach, und gemeinsam finden wir den besten Weg zum “Englisch-Profi”.