Work from Home Doing Transcription
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the basics of general transcription
- Understand what transcription is and is not
- Analyze the career and business opportunities available in transcription
- Know how to download audio or video, transcribe it, proof it, and submit it to clients and companies
- Decide if transcription is the right career or business choice for them
- Good grasp of English grammar
- Typing speed of at least 60 wpm
- Good listening skills
- Ability to follow instructions well
- Infinity USB Foot Pedal, headphones, Express Scribe, and a word processing program such as MS Word 2013 or Open Libre Office
In this course, you will learn the basics of transcription, from what transcription is, what transcription is not, how to transcribe and edit a script, how to submit work, and the overall outlook of the transcription industry in the future.
You will also learn about the different types of transcription work available and the pros and cons of each. You will learn about general transcription, medical transcription, and legal transcription, as well as be provided resources to learn each of these areas in more detail. The course will focus on general transcription, as the course instructor, Krysty Underwood, CEO of Elite Transcription, feels that this is the most lucrative area of the transcription industry.
You will learn the tools and equipment needed for transcription, as well as hear about the brands and types of equipment preferred by Elite Transcribers and be given recommendations for each piece of necessary equipment and software.
Additionally, you will be given a walk-through of all the steps in the transcription process in detail, from how to receive work to how to submit your final transcript to a client or company and get paid.
- Anyone who wants to earn money from home doing general transcription either part time or full time
- Stay-at-home parents looking to supplement income
- Ex-pats looking for US wages while living abroad
- Someone wanting to start an at-home business with very little upfront costs and a good return on investment
In this lecture, we'll provide an overview of the entire Elite Transcription Course Series, from Course 1: Work From Home Doing Transcription: An Introduction, the course in which you're currently enrolled, to Course 10: Building Your Transcription Company, the capstone course.