Eliminating Writer's Block #1 - Judgment
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll gain a wide variety of proven solutions that eliminate writer's block. These solutions are specifically designed to overcome the unhelpful brain processes, thinking patterns and negative emotions related to writer's block.
- You'll recover your flow and be able to write freely.
- No specific knowledge or tools required. All you'll need are your internet connection, paper and pens and your time and energy.
- The essentials for all lectures are outlined in downloadable PDFs. No need to take notes! Listen and learn from narrated Powerpoint lectures, and the notes are ready for you when you need them.
Judgments - negative opinions about ourselves and our writing - are one of the Three Key Elements that create Writer's Block. Even if our writing is great and people love it, we may still be hampered by judgments, which can stop our writing from flowing easily. Created by psychologist Luke La Vie, this course assists anyone writing in any field - academic, legal, research or creative. The training examines the seven major problems that judgment causes for our writing, as well as providing specific proven solutions.
Specifically, you will learn:
What Writer's Block is
Why anyone can be affected by it at any time
How it switches our brain into a different gear and why this impairs our ability to write
Seven significant problems that judgment and negative thinking cause for our writing:
Struggling with the wrong words
Trouble getting started
Fear of taking risks
Lack of inspiration and ideas
Finding the right way to say something
Dissatisfaction with our work and lack of motivation
Six vital solutions that eliminate writer's block
Every lecture in the course has practical exercises that ensure you learn powerful solutions. The result? You will be able to write freely and easily again.
Your instructor, Luke La Vie, has over a decade's experience working as a psychologist and assisting people. You will be able to ask questions and will be well-supported with any concerns.
- Anyone experiencing difficulties writing. This is for creative writing, academic writing, report writing... anything involving writing! If you write, this is the right course for you.
- These strategies have assisted people of all ages, education levels and differing backgrounds.
- The instructor has twenty years of experience where writing was vitally important and assisting people as a psychologist. Regardless of what content you write, you will be well-supported in doing this course.
Introduction Lecture outlining the course structure and introducing the Instructor. Students will understand the aims and goals of the course and what is within the training.
Narrated Powerpoint Lecture discussing the Three Key Elements that underlie all writer's block - Judgment, Negative Emotions and Expectations. Discussion and learning centre around what these elements are and how they contribute to writer's block, as well as outlining why the training courses are structured how they are.
Students will learn and understand the Three Key Elements that underlie Writer's Block.
Lecture outlining the first set of problems that people commonly run into regarding Judgment and Writer's Block. It outlines how these impair our ability to write. Students will learn which of these are affecting them, how strongly they affect them, how often and go through exercises to consider when these problems start. These learnings will assist with the Solutions we learn in later lectures.
Second Lecture outlining the second set of problems people are faced with regarding Judgment and Writer's Block. Similarly, students will gain awareness regarding how these problems are affecting their lives, consider when these problems started - which will play a key role in using Solutions in the next two lectures, that eliminate Writer's Block.