Eliminate Mistakes that Portuguese Speakers Make in English
What you'll learn
- Eliminate All the Most Important Mistakes Portuguese Speakers Make in English
- Finally know when and how to use the Present Perfect correctly and easily!
- Key strategies for prepositions
- Learn the English grammar that Portuguese speakers have problems with
- Improve English pronunciation by correcting common Portuguese pronunciation errors
- Pre-intermediate level of English or above. This course is not suitable for beginners.
- A desire to 'unlearn' your natural mistakes and 'fix' the correct English in your mind
From a native English teacher from Ireland who has taught over 3500 hours of English classes to native Portuguese speakers, this course will help you eliminate all the common mistakes you have in English.
Many times directly translating a Portuguese structure into English will cause an error, but most Portuguese speakers are not conscious of these errors. This course shows you these mistakes and how to correct them.
Where possible key strategies are used instead of lists of rules, this will make your learning more efficient and help 'fix' these corrections in your mind. This will accelerate your learning quicker than you ever thought possible with conventional English courses.
This course was created as there wasn't a course that directly addressed the problems in English that Portuguese speakers have.
You will learn:
The most common mistakes that Portuguese speakers make in English
When and how to use the Present Perfect quickly and easily!
Key strategies to help you with prepositions
The English grammar points that Portuguese speakers have problems with
Verbs that cause problems for Portuguese Speakers
Common pronunciation errors by Portuguese speakers and how to correct them
Differences between British and American English.
But that's not all:
PDF transcriptions in English and Brazilian Portuguese are available for each lesson, section/module, and for the entire course.
Units such as Gerunds, the Preposition Triangle and Present Perfect also have extra material that I recommend you print out to help your learning.
View my social media for links to fully mobile responsive exercises and quizzes for each section.
Note: Portuguese(Brazil) captions have been manually translated by a native Portuguese speaker from Brazil. Portuguese(Portugal) captions are automatically translated.
Who this course is for:
- Native Portuguese speakers who are conscious that they make mistakes in English because they use Portuguese structures and want to correct them, those doing exams such as IELTS, TOEFL, those wanting to take their English to the next level
- Students who desire a higher score in English exams such as Cambridge, TOEFL, IELTS etc
- Native Portuguese speakers who realise there isn't an English course designed exclusively for them
Hello. My name is Gordon and I am a native English as a second language teacher and blogger from Ireland. I received my CELTA qualification and taught English in Montevideo, Uruguay for 7 months and then Belo Horizonte, Brazil for 3.5 years.
I'm back living in Ireland and now teach students online while blogging about learning English as a second language. I teach students from all over the world but most are native Portuguese speakers as I have taught over 3,500 hours of English classes to Brazilians since 2014!