Elevate Your Photography - Master Composition.
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Study: 100 Great Photographs - Exploring What Makes Them Successful
- Learn: The Mechanisms That Distinguish Great Photos From The Masses
- Learn: A Foundation of Tools and Rules To Elevate Your Photos
- Master: Composition - To Create Engaging And Visually Appealing Photos
- Learn: How to Harness Natural Light
- Learn: What Visual Narrative Is And How To Utilize It Successfully
- A Basic Understanding Of How To Use Your Camera (whether it's a DSLR or Phone - that doesn't matter).
- A Desire To Truly Improve Your Photographs.
Photography is a craft, anyone can learn to take great photographs - with practice and a foundational understanding of the components that make photographs great - you can significantly elevate your photography.
In this course we will study 100 great photographs from across the world - to learn the key features that make photographs successful.
This course is for anyone looking to gain a foundation of insights to elevate their photography. It is not about technical settings or equipment, it's purely a study of the most valuable photographic conventions - which by the end will offer a tool box of skills to take aesthetically pleasing, engaging, and widely enjoyed images.
I made this course because I believe studying others photographs is one of the most beneficial things you can do to learn photography. It offers a great amount of insight and inspiration - it's the closest thing in my mind to replicating the value of a photography degree (the practice of learning through study). This process helped me improve my photography tremendously over the years, and that learning has now be condensed into this super-accessible course.
***Please don't buy this course if you're purely wanting to learn camera settings etc - there are other courses/ free online videos out there for that, this is about the artistic side of photography - Intention & Subject, Light & Shadow, Timing, Colour, and Composition.
What We Will Cover (A brief overview):
1. Intent & Subject
"a camera is a save button for the minds eye"
Learn the importance of considering the WHAT & WHY. Explore the value in identifying subject and focal points - and discover mechanisms that can lead the eye to them within the image. Learn how you can give new insight to the subject to create even more compelling images, with a stronger sense of intention behind your photographs.
2. Light & Shadow
"Photography is painting with light"
Learn to see the light. Learn what quality light is and how to harness the best natural light forms for stunning, 3-dimensional photos. Understand the value and abilities of shadow - how it can create more interest, engagement, shape or mood in a photo.
3. Timing & Moment
"Photography freezes moments allowing you to stop and connect with the richness of reality"
Understand how consideration of moment can allow you to capture stronger connection to the subject - genuine emotions or compelling compositions.
Colour is a powerful tool in photography - it can bring life to a photo, enhance emotion, direct focus, or be the subject itself. Learn how to harness colour to create dynamic and evocative photos.
Explore 15+ valuable compositional mechanisms to create visually appealing and engaging photos. These are the some of the easiest and most valuable skills to elevate your photographs quickly.
6. Insights to Specific Genres
Key insights I think are valuable in creating great images within these specific fields of photography:
7. Bonus - personal tips I have gained value from
A range of general and specific tips and tools that have served me well over the years. A selection of links to check out and online realms I would recommend interacting with.
Enjoy the course!
- This Course Is For All Levels Of Photographer (Beginner - Semi-Professional) Who Want To Improve Their Photography
- This Course Is For Anyone Who Wants To Understand The Components Of Great Photos And Build A Toolset To Take Great Photos
- This Course Is For People Who Want To Better Understand The Use Of: Subject, Light, Timing, Colour & Composition in Photography
- This Course is For People Who Want To Become Great Photographers
- This Course Is For Photographers Interested In The Fields Of: Portrait, Landscape, Travel, Food, Street, Or Nature Photography (And Valuable For Focus In Other Fields Too)