Plated Desserts Made Simple #1: Elegant Chocolate Towers
What you'll learn
- Advance your baking & decorating career by learning a huge variety of critical recipes and sophisticated decoration skills.
- Apply CakeNuvo's "principle of balance" to create desserts that are true culinary masterpieces.
- Create unique and stylish chocolate and mousse-based desserts.
- Serve the Towers as elegant fine-dining style plated desserts, with many stunning designs to chose from.
- Expand your chocolate making skills by learning how to make amazing chocolate decorations.
- Apply unique methods to create intricate colorful patterns on chocolate.
- Customize the recipes and presentations to match any taste and event.
- Master the art of working with modeling chocolate, and use it to create various decorations.
- No previous baking or cake decoration experience is necessary - everything is explained from the ground up
- Some baking utensils such as dessert rings, cutters and a rolling pin are required - can be purchased through the class store
- For some of the decorations you'll need a stencil and chocolate transfer sheet - can be purchased through the class store
- Commitment and time to learn the techniques taught in the course
Learn how to make amazing chocolate and mousse Tower desserts for any occasion! These edible creations are incredibly yummy, visually stunning, and very versatile. Let award-winning pastry chef Irit Ishai guide you, as you explore all the elements that will allow you to create your own show-stopping plated desserts.
In the course you’ll learn how to create these desserts and customize them to match any event theme, and explore many great chocolate-based recipes like chocolate mousses and ganaches, as well as delicious fruit sauces. You’ll also master the art of creating various chocolate decorations, and learn how to make and decorate unique and modern elements such as 3D chocolate rings, chocolate discs, chocolate spheres, and chocolate sticks.
This course assumes no prior baking or decoration knowledge! Simply follow the step-by-step guidance provided by master pastry chef Irit Ishai, and become a pro dessert maker yourself. Leverage Irit's years of experiments, refinement and tweaking of mousse dessert recipes, and learn the important secrets that anyone who's serious about baking and decoration needs to know.
Towards the end of the course you'll get a detailed step-by-step demonstration of plating and serving these magnificent tower desserts in ways that are sure to leave your guests speechless.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is learning towards a career in baking, decoration, and pastry art
- Anyone who would like to learn how to make stunning desserts and chocolate decorations at home
- Anyone that's interested in learning professional techniques for creating unique chocolate decorations
- Intermediate pastry cooks and chocolatiers who want to learn a huge variety of recipes and sophisticated decoration skills
- Professional pastry chefs who want to add sophisticated plated desserts to their menus
- Bakery or pastry shop owners who want to sell fantastic personal desserts
CakeNuvo provides high-end online video classes in cake decoration and baking art, guiding students step by step through their journey in the art of cake design, and encouraging them to unleash their imagination and creativity. Starting from basic methods and reaching the most intricate and awe-inspiring designs, every online class provides students with detailed and structured demonstrations, and is packed full with unique techniques and battle-tested tips and tricks, which can only be learned through real-life experience.
CakeNuvo’s classes are exciting to watch, and address the needs of enthusiasts and pros alike. We believe that almost everyone can learn cake design! Our focus is on helping you to create stunning cakes, desserts and other baked creations, and we provide you techniques and tools to do this in an easy and consistent fashion. We make sure to break down even the hardest tasks to simple and achievable objectives, and hold your hand and guide you to make sure that the end result is beautiful and awe inspiring!
I'm an entrepreneur and award-winning pastry chef, with more than 20 years of experience in the areas of baking, pastry art and cake decoration.
I worked at several fine-dining restaurants, designing innovative recipes and plated desserts. Most notably, I've been head pastry chef at the famed Manresa Restaurant (currently 3 Michelin stars), named one of the world’s 50 best restaurants By Restaurant Magazine. At Manresa I collaborated with renowned chef David Kinch, winner of the Iron Chef competition.
I perfected my chocolate-making skills working under master pastry chef Pascal Janvier, who was named one of the top 10 pastry chefs in America in 1998 and 1999 by Chocolatier Magazine.
Building on my extensive fine-dining experience, in 2004 I founded "Sugar Butter Flour", a European-style pastry shop and bakery, which specializes in high end custom cakes, desserts, chocolates and wedding cakes. It became one of the most successful and widely recognized bakeries in the Silicon Valley, with 2 retail stores and dozens of large high-end wholesale customers.
In 2011, after 8 long and fulfilling years, I sold Sugar Butter Flour and established CakeNuvo, an online school for pastry art, where I'm lead instructor and course designer. CakeNuvo's courses all became category-leading best sellers in Udemy.