Electronics : Semiconductor - A thorough understanding
What you'll learn
- Understand the fundamentals of Semiconductors.
- Learn the Energy Band concept.
- Classify materials w.r.t. Energy Band concept.
- Learn about Direct band gap and Indirect band gap Semiconductors.
- Learn Intrinsic semiconductor : Fundamentals,Theory and Problems.
- Understand Extrinsic Semiconductor : Fundamentals, Concept of Doping, P-type and N-type Semiconductor.
- Learn the concept of Drift velocity, Free-path, Mobility.
- Understand the relation among current density, mobility and conductivity.
- Basic knowledge of science
- Fundamental ideas of current, voltage and electric field
- High school mathematics
Learn the fundamentals of Semiconductors and take the first leap to the world of Electronics.This course will be very helpful for students with great interest towards science and especially electronics.Finally ,the course is so designed that if anyone goes from lecture 1 to last lecture the entire subject can be thoroughly understood easily.So lets have a highlight of the entire course quickly-
- Learn the basics of Semiconductors.
- Which materials are used as Semiconductors.
- Energy Band concept and classification of materials w.r.t.this concept.
- Thorough discussion on Intrinsic and Extrinsic semiconductors.
- Discussion on drift velocity,mobility and conductivity.
- Relation among drift velocity,current density and conductivity for a semiconductor material.
- Discussion on frequently asked questions regarding Semiconductors.
Who this course is for:
- The course is for those who love electronics and love to explore the world of electronics
Hi, I am Sumanta Kumar Pal,Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and communication engineering.I have some teaching experience while I was in college and then I joined the Control and Instrumentation department of a Power Plant in India and I have an experience of more than 10 years in this field.I have much interest in analog circuit designing and my courses on
1) Zener Diode and LEDs
will be extremely interesting for students with basic and intermediate knowledge of science.I love learning and I love teaching too.