Electronics Mastery - The beginner's course in electronics
What you'll learn
- Everything about circuits for the total beginner in the world of electronics.
- What is electric current, potential difference and resistance?
- How do these quantities change in a circuit and how can the values be calculated?
- What are capacitors and inductors and how can they be used in circuits?
- What are diodes and LEDs? How do they work and how can they be used?
- How are AC and DC circuits different and how are they used?
- What is internal resistance and why is it essential to understand in electronic circuits?
- How can we measure energy and power in circuits and why is this important?
- Basic mathematical skills including a small amount of algebra
- An enthusiasm for and interest in electronics
Understand everything you need to know about electronics and electronic engineering without expensive course fees and unnecessary mathematical details.
Electronics Mastery guides you through the fundamental physics and electrical engineering ideas that underpin how circuits work. Throughout the course the aim is to teach you how circuits work, not just a boatload of equations.
In a clear and fast paced way, I will guide you through exactly what current, voltage and resistance are and, most importantly, how this knowledge can be applied to real circuits. Video lectures are a mix of slides, circuit simulations and video of myself and you will be taken from beginner level to having a good, sound understanding of the most important concepts in electronics.
I've worked hard to trim any unnecessary details from my explanations so you can understand the important ideas in electronics and electrical engineering fast!
As an experienced teacher, I have designed the course from the ground up with the latest educational theory in mind. Content is chunked and revisited to ensure long understanding. I want you to fully understand and remember everything you learn in Electronics Mastery as it will help you in the future!
There is some maths in the course but it a basic knowledge of high school algebra will be more than enough to access everything.
Each video lecture is accompanied by some multiple choice quiz questions or exam style questions to help cement your electronics understanding and pick up on any misconceptions. Some lectures have exam questions with video tutorials to explain the answers and reinforce the electronics theory you have learnt.
Maybe you've tried to learn electronics and electrical circuits before? There is no need to keep struggling! Electronics Mastery makes things clear and simple.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in understanding electronics without the need to spend hours on unnecessary mathematical detail.
- Total beginners who want a solid grounding in the fundamentals of electronics.
Lab Awesome courses are designed and delivered by Ian Hardiman.
Ian is a highly experienced teacher of Physics and Engineering at high school level. He graduated with a BSc (Hons) degree in Physics from the University of Warwick, UK fifteen years ago and has been teaching Physics in a range of high performing schools since then.
He has taught thousands of students Physics and engineering including coaching them through advanced electronics projects for Rolls Royce, among other organisations.
His lessons have been graded as "outstanding" and routinely achieves excellent results for his students.
He is known for a clear, calm approach to his teaching and believes that no Physics concept is too tricky for any student to master.