Electronic Music Production with Ableton Live
What you'll learn
- Skip years of watching tutorials by learning in a structured way how to make music from Ableton Certified Trainer and Soma Records artist Simon Stokes!
- Thousands of past students are already making exceptional music and getting signed!
- Friendly, clear and professional training from an artist who is active in the industry!
- Make full tracks from scratch in Ableton Live
- Drum Programming - Create Powerful Patterns
- Audio Effect Programming - Twist Those Sounds
- Synthesis and Sound Design - Build Patches from Scratch
- Audio Mangling - Warp, Mangle and Make Edits of Tracks
- Sampling - Make New Records Out of Old Ones
- Arranging Tracks - Arrangement Techniques for Electronic Music
- Mixing Down - EQ, compression and more
- Mastering - Render Out Your Track for DJs!
- A computer running the free 90-day Ableton Live trial
- A passion for music
Ableton Live is without doubt the greatest music production software ever created. Whether you’ve never opened it in your life or are an experienced producer looking to make the switch, this course is for you.
This complete course has 12 hours of world-class tuition from one of the planet’s leading trainers.
Join Ableton Certified Trainer and critically acclaimed artist Simon Stokes (aka Petrichor // Soma Records) as he guides you on how to create top-quality electronic music from start to finish in Ableton Live.
The Ultimate Course
We’ve all imagined what it must be like to perform to thousands of people on stage. The adrenaline, the bass, the crowds watching your every move. Your guide on this music production journey has lived it. Traveling the world as a DJ and live act, he has channeled decades of knowledge and experience into this ultimate Ableton Live course.
Completely new to music production, or struggling to get inspiration for your tracks?
You’ve come to the right place.
You’ll learn how to construct beats, use audio effects, manipulate audio and synthesisers, mixdown and arrange your track plus a whole lot more! Simon Stokes is an Ableton Certified Trainer who is an active music producer touring the world. You know you’re in safe hands.
This course comes absolutely packed with content for you to use and work through. Here’s what you’ll get:
58 videos of world class tuition in Ableton Live software
12 hours of content split into handy length videos
30 Ableton Live projects showing a track being put together from start to finish
Huge sample pack of sounds for your production
Personal Feedback Calls from an industry professional (Pro Version Only)
Simon Stokes is a highly accomplished music producer and a world-class tutor.
Signed to the legendary Soma Records under his Petrichor alias, he has released a string of singles and two albums to critical acclaim – Mångata (2015) and in Narisshu (2019), picking up awards such as Mixmag’s Album of the Month. He performs the world over as a DJ and live act.
He is Scotland’s only Ableton Certified Trainer, chosen by Ableton themselves as one of the very best trainers in the world, and he runs SubSine | Academy of Electronic Music, Scotland’s leading electronic music production school.
Who this course is for:
- Lifelong music lovers who want to learn to create their own tracks.
Simon Stokes is the owner and head tutor of subSine | Academy of Electronic Music, Scotland’s leading electronic music school. As an electronic music obsessive, touring artist and trained audio engineer, he found his passion for synthesizers and drum machines in the late ‘90s.
Releasing house, techno and ambient music on record labels worldwide, Simon began to share his knowledge of Live in 2007, teaching people of all ages and backgrounds from his studio whilst touring Europe as a DJ and live act.
In 2011, Simon launched subSine | Academy of Electronic Music – a dedicated electronic music studio focused on Ableton Live tuition and artist development. By 2013, Simon had signed to the legendary Soma Records and has since released many Petrichor singles and albums on this mighty label which discovered artists such as Daft Punk, Slam and countless others.
Today this independent music school has a range of Soma Skool courses in conjunction with Soma Records; Pro Sessions with industry professionals; a record label to support past students; and an incredible community of producers throughout Scotland and the world.