Electronic Music Primer
- This course is for people starting at the very beginning of making music with computers - no experience is necessary.
- Students will need a computer and headphones
- Students should not purchase software before this course. In the course we will explore different buying options that will save you time and money.
100% Answer Rate! Every single question posted to this class is answered within 24 hours by the instructor.
In this class, we are going to quickly walk you through some of the more daunting options behind getting started with producing electronic music. This class is designed as a "primer" for anyone interested in starting to produce, but are at a loss for what equipment to buy, what software to buy, and how to set it up.
I'll walk you through some of the more popular options for software and hardware, as well as how to set up and configure everything once you get your hands on it.
And I'll even show you some tricks to get started with some of the more popular options of software inexpensively or even free!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with a desire to learn or be a part of electronic music.
- All styles, genres, and interests are welcome!
- 02:52Hardware Requirements
- 04:11Software Requirements
- 06:37Differences in Software
- 04:45Getting Started with Ableton Live for FREE
- 16:14Setup and Configuration
- 02:53Tutorials: Start Making Some Noise!
- 05:01Bonus Lecture: Discount Offers & Mailing List
** J. is the #1 best selling music teacher on Udemy. He is the author of the #1 best selling music theory course on Udemy, "Music Theory Comprehensive" (12 parts), and Music Theory for Electronic Musicians (3 parts), which have been purchased by more than 70,000 students in 11 languages in 196 countries.**
** He is a PhD in music, and a best selling music producer. He brings this authenticity to all of his Udemy courses. **
Jason Allen (better known as J. Anthony Allen) has worn the hats of composer, producer, songwriter, engineer, sound designer, DJ, remix artist, multi-media artist, performer, inventor, and entrepreneur. Allen is a versatile creator whose diverse project experience ranges from works written for the Minnesota Orchestra to pieces developed for film, TV, and radio. An innovator in the field of electronic performance, Allen performs on a set of “glove” controllers, which he has designed, built, and programmed by himself. When he’s not working as a solo artist, Allen is a serial collaborator. His primary collaborative vehicle is the group Ballet Mech, for which Allen is one of three producers.
J. Anthony Allen teaches at Augsburg University in Minneapolis, MN, where he runs the Music, Media, and Management program. He is also an Ableton Live Certified Trainer, co-founder, owner and CEO of Slam Academy, a multimedia educational space in downtown Minneapolis, the CTO of Ion Concert Media, and sole owner and producer of music education courses under the umbrella of Punkademic Courses. Recently, Allen founded Hackademica – an innovative net-label for new music.
J. has a PhD in music composition, 2 Master’s degrees in music composition and electronic music, and a bachelors degree in guitar performance. Through his academic travels, Dr. Allen has received numerous awards along the way.
If you run into him on the street, he prefers to be addressed as J. (as in, Jay.)