Electrical Design: Interdisciplinary Coordination
- Passion to learn
- Basic Knowledge of Electrical Engineering
COORDINATION WITH OTHER DISCIPLINES
At the earliest practical time in a project the engineers will need to identify areas of engineering and design where interfaces are necessary. An efficient system of communication and exchange of information should be established and implemented at regular intervals. Meetings should be arranged to discuss problem areas and short-falls in information. The following generally summarizes what is needed, particularly during the feasibility and conceptual stage of a project. In order to be able to engineer an economical and efficient power system it is desirable for the electrical engineer to have:
• A basic understanding of the hydrocarbon and chemical processes and their supporting utilities e.g. compression, pumping, control and operation, cooling arrangements.
• A procedure for regular communication with engineers of other disciplines, e.g. instrument, process, mechanical, safety, telecommunications, facilities, operations and
• An appreciation of the technical and economic benefits and shortcomings of the various electrical engineering options that may be available for a particular project.
• The technical flexibility to enable the final design to be kept simple, easy to operate and easy to maintain.
What is Interdisciplinary coordination ?
Need of interdisciplinary interface ?
Project Execution Plan
Interface Management (multidisciplinary coordination)
How to improve the interface management
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Engineer
- Electronics / Instrumentation Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Project Engineer
My Name is Rajendra Singh, I am a freelancer for electrical engineering job and also associated many engineering Institute.
I have 13+ Years of Experience in Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical and Power Sector.
Since 2018 I have trained 2000+ engineers and most of them are working in reputed company. I am also associated with many MNC company in project activities.
My Job Responsibility:
Design, procurement and detail engineering, execution of following activities for projects-oil and gas and fertilizer projects.
· Electrical Equipment / Material-- Design, Procurement /technical specifications & Detail engineering.(as per meet industry standards and specifications, and meet prudent engineering practices IS, IEC, IEE, IE RULE and ELECTRICAL STANDARDS)
· Equipment sizing / Calculation / Selection (Like-Transformer, Motor, DG set, Capacitor Bank (Power factor correction unit), Cable , Battery and Battery Charger , HT & LT Switchboard ( Including all type of protection) , etc..) ,
· Preparation of Technical specification , data sheets and procurement activities for electrical items like(Motor, Transformer, UPS, Battery charger, PMCC(LV BOARD), HT BOARD (Protection relays and scheme),NER, DG SET, PA system, Capacitor -bank., VFD, Fire alarm, PA System ETC…), , technical evaluation of offers, vendor drawing review and approval .
· Relay Co-ordination, voltage drop calculation, fault level analysis by ETAP. Protective relay and metering schemes for power systems & equipment, short circuit calculations & analysis and co-ordination / discrimination studies.
· Cable sizing, Earthing sizing and lighting calculation.
· Preparation / review electrical engineering studies, reports & calculation, Load list, Preparation power and distribution system single line diagrams including protective relaying, Develop electrical systems (power, lighting, grounding, F/A, communications) concepts and layouts, Design HV, MV and LV substation equipment layouts and implementing all the type of protection systems and schemes as per equipment size and type selected as per and hazardous area classification,
· Cable rack/trench layout (Cable routing), Substation equipment layout, Lighting and earthing layout,(Earthing Power, Control logics and schematic diagrams- interconnection diagram of Motor, transformer, incomer & outgoing feeders.)
· Preparation of tender documents (SOR/BOQ) for site erection/activities, Supervise preparation of construction drawings, and coordination with other design disciplines Ensure compliance with project and corporate procedures & standards Review project team electrical work.
· Technical evaluation of bids and participation in technical meetings with Vendors/Clients and give the final recommendation
· Coordinating design activities with other -discipline project team members
Construction support including resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects, Co-ordinate with vendors and our construction team for smooth and timely execution of the project.