Irrigation 101: Electrical Basics And Irrigation Timers
What you'll learn
- Understand the basic concepts of volts, amps, & ohms
- Program any timer in 4 easy steps
- Use a multi-meter
- Choose the correct method of splicing wires for underground burial
- Download the fill-in-the-blank lesson at the first lecture.
This course is a beginner's or entry level class on a lawn sprinkler's electrical system. We cover the fundamental concepts of volts, amps, & ohms and how to measure these at the timer. You'll receive a 4 step process to program any irrigation timer, whether AC or DC. Then we'll get specific about timers, covering all the features you need to program, troubleshoot, or maximize a system's efficiency. As always, I've given you several real world skills that you can put into practice today; selecting and programming the right timer, properly splice sprinkler wiring, use a multimeter to troubleshoot an irrigation timer, and how to use a wire doubler.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for the beginner or entry - level student of the irrigation / lawn sprinkler business. The material is equally suited for the homeowner or gardner seeking to understand their own sprinkler system.
I've owned three irrigation contracting companies over the last 20 years, and still own and operate Professional Irrigation Services in Greenville, SC. My experience in the business covers the entire range of positions from trench digger to owner, and I've installed and repaired every type and configuration (except for golf courses) of irrigation system. Over the years, I've trained many technicians, and always wished that there was a training system that I could plug a new hire into to get them up and running with fundamental knowledge. Pro Irrigation Training is the answer to that need.