Introduction to Lithium-ion battery management
- Interest in battery technology
- Interest in electric vehicles, telecom, solar, aerospace or consumer electronics applications
If you are a professional in the field of electric mobility, stationary power storage, smart grids, telecom, portable electronics or a student who wants to be in these fields, then this course would be a great place to start.
This course is a precursor to the MakerMax EV Battery Masterclass which is a 4 month online course that has sessions a few times in a year. If you want to take your first steps in the world of Lithium ion and electric vehicles then this is a great place to start.
- Electric vehicle enthusiasts
- Electric vehicle job aspirants
- Students who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of EVs
- Professionals who want to grow in the field of EVs
- Startups who want to develop an EV solution
- This course
- History of EVs
- Rise of ICE automobiles
- How charging stations used to be
- Evolution in battery technology
- How the Li-ion cell evolved
- Basic functioning of Li-ion cells
- Parameters that define a Li-ion cell
- What's inside a Lithium-ion cell
- How to guarantee your success in battery technology?
- Voltage Polarization
- Memory effect misconceptions
- EV Quiz
- Article #1: 5 things I learned from a $25 battery management system
- Article #2: Complications in voltage sensing of Lithium-ion batteries
- Article #3: Importance of Isolation Monitoring in Electric Vehicles
- Article #4: Dry Coated Electrode in Lithium-ion cells
- Join the MakerMax forums
- Next steps
Akshay has always had a practical approach to engineering. His quest for Electric Vehicles began in 2008 when he developed a unique dashboard electric scooters that rewards users when they drive electric. In his Masters at University of Toronto he developed a unique way of measuring impedance characteristics of Lithium-ion batteries on-board vehicles that allow for early prediction of battery failures.
He was a core member of the Battery Hardware and Firmware team at Tesla, where he worked on the Model S refresh, Model X and Model 3 vehicles. He is now the Director at MakerMax Inc., that is enabling an ecosystem for mass EV adoption by creating products such as battery analyzers, characterizers and battery management platforms that enable the industry to create high performance and safe Electric Vehicles. He also runs popular online workshops on Battery Technology to reskill professionals and students in this field.
MakerMax is bringing a paradigm shift in education through its application based courses and workshops in embedded systems, electric vehicles and power electronics.
The next batch for our popular Electric vehicle battery and BMS masterclass is starting on January 30th! Registrations are open now.
For exclusive masterclasses and educational products, visit us at our website!