Electric Motorcycle Conversion Techniques - Beginner
What you'll learn
- Electric Motorcycle Component parts
- Understand basic electricity e.g. Ohm's Law and Kirchhoff's Law
- Understand Lithium-Ion battery technology
- Battery pack safety, design and build
- Choose a Type of spot welder
- Understand Battery Management System BMS
- Learn to convert your motorcycle to electric
- E-motor and controller technology and selection
- Types of battery chargers
- Home charging and public charging (EVSE)
- Regenerative Braking Demonstration
- No pre-requisites needed. Some training on basic electricity given on the course
- Tools required (optional) - digital multimeter, battery internal resistance meter (YR1030+), 40 watt soldering iron, Sunkko spot welder S709AD, side cutters, long nose pliers, cutting knife
- Accessories (optional) - Battery Management System BMS 3S4P, Pure nickle strip, masking tape, solder, battery holder brackets
Welcome to the Electric Motorcycle Conversion Techniques Course. Participants will be able to :
Convert their own Gasoline motorcycle to electric motorcycle.
Recognize what parts are used in electric motorcycle industry.
Estimate costs of converting your motorcycle.
Learn to use a range of tools used in the electric vehicle industry such as a clamp multimeter, battery resistance meter, soldering iron, lithium-ion battery charger, spot welder.
Understand basic electricity e.g. voltage, current , resistance and power, Ohms Law. Kirchhoff's Current Law.
Battery design and safety.
Battery charging and testing.
Battery pack building.
Estimate the size of a battery pack to suit the EV.
Choose the correct spot welder.
Describe the functions performed by a battery management system BMS.
Choose a suitable motor for the vehicle.
Choose a suitable controller for the vehicle.
Describe the functions of a motor controller.
Choose a suitable charger for the battery pack, fixed or adjustable.
Describe the charging techniques for home charging and public charging (EVSE).
Regenerative Braking demonstration.
Understand the relationship between motor RPM and speed of the vehicle using simple calculations.
This course will provide you with sufficient knowledge to either work for an employer or start-up your own business.
It is a very much hands-on course so be ready to get your hands dirty or just sit back and enjoy the ride (pun intended).
I have converted my own motorcycle and it is a joy to ride. People turn their heads and smile when I pass them.
I am hoping you will start-up your own business as I think there is not enough people trained outside the electric vehicle industry. We are fast approaching the time where petrol and diesel engines will be a thing of the past and there will be a shortage of skilled staff.
Who this course is for:
- Any electrical vehicle enthusiast
- Anyone who wishes to know how electric motorcycles work
William Smith has held many positions in his working career. He started as an electronics service engineer in various companies becoming a specialist in each company. A very hands-on and practical person, William uses his skills learned from industry to develop new ideas, hence his own electric motorcycle conversion. This course is for anyone interested in EV's. he hopes it will have a positive effect on the local environment, community, society or economy by reducing carbon emissions in the future.