Electric Guitar For Beginners
What you'll learn
- How to play electric guitar
- Get To Know parts of electric guitar
- How to Tune Electric Guitar
- Flex & Warm Up
- Practice Principals
- How To Read Tableture
- Right Hand Technique
- Left Hand Technique / Left & Right Hand Coordination
- Easy Finger Exercises
- Scales & Major Scale Explained
- Exercises in Major Scale (Includes Backing Track)
- Minor Scale
- Exercises in Minor Scale (Includes Backing Track)
- Your First 2 Guitar Riffs (Includes Backing Track)
- Note Values
- Note Values Read & Play Exercises
- Rest Note Values
- Note Values with Rests Read & Play Exercises
- Dotted Note Values
- Your 1st Melody (Includes Backing Track)
- Your 2nd Melody (Includes Backing Track)
- How to play Chords? Easy Chords & Chord Transitions
- More Easy Chords & Transitions
- Even More Chords & Transitions
- Easy Strumming Patterns
- Your 1st Song (Includes Backing Track)
- Power Chords & Examples
- Palm Mute (Right Hand Mute)
- Arpeggiating Chords & Examples
- Your 2nd Song (Includes Backing Track)
- How to Play Barre Chords & Examples
- Guitar Techniques
- How to play Hammer-On & Pull-Off / Exercises
- More Hammer-On & Pull-Off Exercises
- Tapping & Exercises
- String Bending, Exercises & Examples
- Vibrato & Rake Techniques
- Pentatonic Scales
- Minor Pentatonic Scale & Exercises
- Sad Blues Lick In A Minor Pentatonic Scale
- Major Pentatonic Scale & Exercises
- Chicago Blues Lick In D Major Pentatonic Scale
- Relationship Between Major And Minor Pentatonic Scales (Relative)
- Fretboard Mastery, Intervals and Harmonization Of Major Scale
- Notes In The Guitar Fretboard
- Intervals On Guitar
- Harmonizing Major Scale
- Relative Major & Minor
- 4 Note Chords
- maj7 chord
- min7 chord
- Dominant 7 Chord
- Suspended Chords
- Diminished Chords
- Hendrix Chord (7#9)
- 12 Bar Blues
- 12 Bar Blues Chord Progression
- Shuffle Blues
- Minor 12 Bar Blues
- Texas Blues & Chromatics
- Dominant 7 Blues
- Turnaround Melodies
- You'll need an electric guitar
- It would be great if you have a guitar amp (doesn't matter size) so you can hear the sound of the guitar
(Updated 2021) This course aims to show a path to everyone who wants to learn guitar and build a solid foundation on the instrument together. I will be there for you during your journey, you're not alone only with the videos!
I created this course to share my 22 years of experience with music and especially electric guitar. During my journey I studied with legends like Greg Howe, Jennifer Batten, Martin Miller and Debbie Davies. I also practiced music theory & music production.
During these years I've been on the stage countless times; both small venues and big festivals. I've taught more than a thousand students both face-to-face and online for more than 15 years. With this experience I know common mistakes that most of guitar students make so I can anticipate them and warn you about them even before you make them!
In this course we'll build a solid foundation on the electric guitar. We'll also work on how to apply music theory to your guitar playing to broaden your vision on the instrument. Don't worry, no sheet music will be used :) And I promise you'll love what you can achieve when you learn these concepts.
After each topic you learn, there will be an example related to that topic. There are song, guitar melody, guitar solo examples that I prepared for you. I recorded all the guitars, drums and bass guitars with the greatest sound quality. You can mute my guitar and just play over those backing tracks, play the same exercise or try your own melodies. It's about having some FUN!
Styles You'll Learn
How My Course Is Different Than Other Courses?
Besides the 22 years of experience and months spent to prepare this course with highest quality and detail; I use a Video / TAB & Notation integration application. In the resources tab of each lesson, you'll find a link. In that link you'll be able to practice the same lesson video with the TABS played along with the video (and notations if needed)!
With this application you can:
Slow down or fasten up the videos & tabs (so if you need to practice an exercise slow, you can just slow it down!).
You can zoom in & out of tabs & video.
You can run the application fullscreen on your tablet, phone and computer. No need to download anything.
If you are left handed, you can rotate the video so you can view the videos like they are played with a left handed guitar.
Lessons are split into sections in this application. So you can jump exactly to the right moment you'd want to listen again.
In examples (songs, melodies & solos) you can mute my guitar playing and just play over the backing track I prepared.
Community & Asking for Guidance
When you sign up to this course you'll receive a link to a facebook group. You can join that group and share your performance, ask for feedback and guidance. I'll also be active in that group.
You can ask any of your questions on Udemy aswell!
So, let's get started and have some fun!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner guitar players who want to build solid foundation on the instrument
- People who want to start playing electric guitar
Deniz Sayman was born in 1987, graduated from Hacettepe University Physics Engineering in 2009
Deniz studied guitar and music theory with great teachers, including legends like Joel Hoekstra(Whitesnake, Cher & Trans Siberian Orchestra), Greg Howe, Jennifer Batten, Martin Miller & Debbie Davies. He also studied music production, singing, drums, keys and bass guitar.
Since 2004, Deniz played in various bands and been on both small and big festival stages. After his time working as a recording assistant in a music studio, he created his own studio and continued his work there.
2014 Deniz started a YouTube cover project with his singer İzgi Gültekin. Most viewed videos from this project are "Steelheart - She's Gone (İzgi & Deniz Cover)" and "Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry (Acoustic Cover)" which Deniz played all instruments and produced.
2015 Deniz formed Hard Rock Band "The Madcap". The band released the first record "The Madcap Rising" which all songs and lyrics were written by Deniz in 2017.
The Madcap toured various cities & countries, been on big festival stages and played in front of an audience of 40.000.
The band is now working on the new record which Deniz composed 9 songs for.
Since 2018 Deniz started created courses on Udemy and had more than 10.000 students!
2019 Deniz created his own guitar learning platform Müzik Üniversitesi (TR)
- The Madcap founder, guitar player, back vocals & songwriter.
- MSG Member ( Music Composers Group)
- Splawn Amplification Artist
- Grossmann SG-Box Artist