Getting Started with Elasticsearch
- Beginner level knowledge in relational databases is needed
From real-time search and event management to sophisticated analytics and logging at scale, Elasticsearch has a great number of uses. Getting Started with Elasticsearch course will help you learn the basics of Elasticsearch. If you already have a knowledge of Relational Databases and you are eager to learn Elasticsearch, then this course is for you. You will end your journey as a Elasticsearch Padawan.
Content and Overview
You will begin learning Elasticsearch with a gentle introduction where you can setup your environment and launch your node of Elasticsearch for the first time. After that, we will dive into Create/Read/Update/Delete operations where you will grasp basics of Elasticsearch. All lectures are up to date with Elasticsearch 2.0.
- Getting Started with Elasticsearch course is for everyone with motivation to learn basics of Elasticsearch. The only skill you will need is a basic understanding of relational databases.
- No computer science degree, or a programming knowledge is needed.
- What is Elasticsearch
- Terminology for Elasticsearch
- How to install and run Elasticsearch on Windows
- How to install and run Elasticsearch on OSX
- How to install and run Elasticsearch on Cloud
- How to install Head and Marvel Plugins
- Installing Kibana
- Creating Documents in Elasticsearch
- Getting Documents from Elasticsearch
- Updating Documents in Elasticsearch
- Deleting Documents from Elasticsearch
- CRUD Quiz
- Bonus Lecture - Become an Elasticsearch Jedi (with a discount)
Principal Software Engineer at Sahibinden com which is the largest online classifieds and e-commerce platform in Turkey. Avid learner of new technologies. Blogger, speaker and instructor.
I have been developing applications for almost a decade. My first love is Java and I'm also a huge fan of Spring framework. I also like Groovy and I'm currently flirting with Python.
Relational Databases and Elasticsearch are my main interests in Data Store Systems ecology. I prepared Elasticsearch in Action and Getting Started with Elasticsearch courses to share the love. I taught Elasticsearch to more than 2000 satisfied students.
I love giving tech talks when I get the opportunity. I gave talks on Unit Testing, SonarQube, Google Guava, Docker and Spring Boot.
I have a MSc degree from Sabanci University where I worked on Data Mining, specifically focused on Periodic Pattern Mining.