Ethical Hacking Foundations: Malware Development in Windows
What you'll learn
- What is malware development in Windows
- What is PE file structure
- Where to store your payload inside PE
- How to encode and encrypt payloads
- How and why obfuscate function calls
- How to backdoor programs
- How to inject your code into remote processes
- Understanding of operating system architecture
- Some experience with Windows OS
- Basic knowledge about C and Intel assembly
- Computer with min. 4 GB of RAM + 30 GB of free disk space
- VirtualBox 6.0+ installed
- Strong will to learn and having fun
Are you a pen tester having some experience with Metasploit or Empire frameworks? Or maybe you take your first steps as an ethical hacker and you want to know more about how all these offensive tools work? Or you are a blue teamer or threat hunter who needs to better understand the internal workings of malware?
This course will provide you the answers you're looking for. It will teach you how to develop your own custom malware for latest Microsoft Windows 10. And by custom malware we mean building a dropper for any payload you want (Metasploit meterpreter, Empire or Cobalt Strike beacons, etc.), injecting your shellcodes into remote processes, creating trojan horses (backdooring existing software) and bypassing Windows Defender AV.
You will receive a virtual machine with complete environment for developing and testing your software, and a set of source code templates which will allow you to focus on understanding the essential mechanisms instead of less important technical aspects of implementation.
Who this course is for:
- Ethical Hackers
- Penetration Testers
- Blue Teamers
- Threat Hunters
- All security engineers/professionals wanting to learn advanced offensive tactics
Chief Research Officer at SEKTOR7. In the industry for over 20 years. Worked in global Red Team for almost a decade. Simulated threat actors targeting IT infrastructure across various industries (financial, technology, industrial, energy, aviation) around the world. Speaker at HackCon, PWNing, WTH@ck, Sec-T, T2, DeepSec. Gave guest lectures at several military and civil academies and universities.
Founder of x33fcon security conference and SEKTOR7 offensive research company