MBA: The FIFTY HOUR MBA (Master Course)
What you'll learn
- Business preparation for MBA - includes MBA-style case studies
- How to save £000s!
- MBA mindset - and business fundamentals at MBA level
- External impact on internal environment
- Textbooks are included! (Drucker, Handy...)
- MBA-style assignments
- In-depth analysis of business and business concepts
- Business concepts and fundamentals
- Business impact of Covid
- 1. An interest in business
- 2. A desire to achieve exam success in short time and qualify for MBA!
- 3. A willingness to learn from your surroundings rather than a textbook
- 4. A healthy disregard for formalised learning
- 5. A willingness to learn through discussions - and to participate
A new section has been added (July 2022) at the end of the course which makes this course unlike any other MBA course on the internet!
OK this course is comprised of FIFTY THREE hours of lectures, plus workbooks, discussions and many many exercises.
If you really want to work and really want to prepare yourself for the MBA - then this is the course for you. Business Fundamentals developed, examined, expanded on, questioned and discussed.
This course has been updated and considerably extended in November 2021. And again in mid-May 2022 then June 2022. Expect to spend about 200 hours to complete the course and gain the Oxford Diploma. (Business Fundamentals, pre-MBA)
THIS IS NOT AN EASY COURSE.
THIS IS NOT FOR LEISURE.
THIS IS A SERIOUS PROGRAMME TO PREPARE YOU.
This is how you will be prepared for the MBA:
NINE STAGES (One extra has been added since the Preview video)
1. Business and Economic vocabulary. This to include business concept evaluation and business fundamentals.
2. Preparing yourself for MBA entry - what is required? How can you impress?
3. MBA content and mindset. Business fundamentals
4. Sole trader case study - extended. This includes detailed homework.
5. Businesses in 2022 - more evaluation. Including case studies
6. Office environment - reducing stress in the office
7. Story telling - what can be learnt.
8. Business ideas 2022
9. Overall evaluation - and a surprising recommendation!
(There are extra lectures and tests too...)
MBA students learn as much - probably more - from the work they are set and the people they interact with as they do from the lecturer. This course is no exception. You are set homework right from the beginning and you are expected to share your results in the Q/A section - and to comment on the work of others. This means that there is strong Instructor involvement in terms of responses in Q/A.
Expect to have your ideas challenged! This is NOT just a load of lectures you whizz through and print out a certificate with 'MBA' on it.
Expect to be extended - ideal preparation for the MBA!
There are 19,000 students currently enrolled. So potentially there are resources from 156 countries (countries where students are from) as well as the various textbooks included with this course!
Importantly this course is current as at May 2022.
This is a serious, evolving, course. It WILL prepare you for the MBA - but as part of the 'preparation' you are set homework. Doing the homework undeniably helps prepare....From the BBC:
"Their tutor uses the Internet as a resource - partly for sources of information, but also, through e-mail and chat software, to allow fast delivery of essays and his comments on them. The tutor, Chris Sivewright, believes that in some cases it is a better method than classroom-based course work"
- BBC Website 1998
“David says he was not an exceptional scholar. “Mr Sivewright knows exactly how to pass exams.”
David Mason, student,The Times – 28 January, 1990
“This is probably the shortest time in which anyone has passed. It is quite exceptional.
Peter Stanbrook, Head of Education at the AEB, The Oxford Mail, 25th Jauary,1990
**** **** **** **** ****
"Dear Mr. Bankes I don't know how to thank you for this course. I have nothing but admiration for you, your presentation skills, and your teaching capabilities. this course made me shift my mindset, do researches, and brainstorm. I'm sorry that I'll temporarily stop moving forward in the course, but that is because of my job requirements needing more focus. I promise as soon as I have the time, I will come back very effectively."
- Mohammed Nihad
"A really good, short and brilliantly-created course. Focuses on both theoretical and practical learning. The first few lectures helped me easily understand the factors affecting and business and as one of the lecture said "Shifting of the mindset", it has successfully been able to do that. Looking at business the way mentioned in the course has widen my perspective and has certainly helped me in understanding this practical subject. The last section is beautifully scripted. Yes! "Scripted". Professor Sivewright uses a really attractive way to make us understand the financial impact of Brexit. Overall, a really engaging course."
"This course is AMAZING, I am blessed to say that I have enrolled on this course! Sir Chris replies IMMEDIATELY to all questions and comments! Although I can't comment on his resources due to the device I have, his resources are POWERPACKED with so much useful information. The links and further reading sources give recent and latest news and information. The lectures are about 3 and a half minutes meaning that it takes the time to boil an egg, this is EXTREMELY CONVENIENT for people who give their maximum effort for a short span of time. I find it easier to concentrate, focus, grasp and fully understand each lectures. Thank You Sir Chris, You have helped me a lot as you've also enrolled me on two other courses completely for free. I'll always remember this help, and this is the BEST course on Udemy for Business! Thank You!!! Kind Regards, Kris Sivakrishan Sooriya."
Kris Sivakrishan Sooriya
"This was a very good course for beginners. Hopefully, there will be more intermediate and advanced courses in the future. The tutor was very clear throughout the lectures with good explanation and diagrams. The video and sound quality throughout the course was excellent. Going into detail on certain topics, the bits I enjoyed the best from my point of view where the practical bit. I would have liked the tutor to go through say one of the tough questions he set in this course in full so that I can then go through the rest of the questions with a lot more confidence (like a template I can use). I found this method very beneficial in answering mathematical questions, which I did many years ago. I could then use this in my questions going forward. during this course, I asked the tutor a general question in one of my othere courses and he came back to me within 24 hours, which is excellent. Overall, I highly recommend this course to all of you and if the standard is the same with his other courses, I don't think you will be disappointed. Many thanks."
"Well as always the course is very organised, the teacher is very responsive, especially the teaching materials that he send to the announcement section is very useful to progress during the lessons. I really recommend to take part in his courses."
"Great course by the great instructor. I enjoy Chris's teaching and instruction style and clearness of his speech. Definitely recommended."
"Great lecturer. Explains everything so well. His years of teaching experience comes across very well."
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wishes to learn about business - but especially students needing qualifications
- Pre-MBA students
- Anyone seeking fundamentals of business and basic concepts
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.