- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Be completely relaxed with all dental procedures
- Know how to create a global set up statement for your dental fear.
- Know how to use EFT for anticipatory anxiety about going to the dentist
- Know how to tap away any discomfort after any dental procedure
- Open mind
- Willingness to try
It is estimated that nearly seventy five percent of adults in the United States experience some amount of fear with regarding going to the dentist. Of that percentage, about five to ten percent of those people have a strong enough fear to be considered sufferers of a dental phobia. If you are one of those people you are in the right place.
I am going to take you through a complementary and alternative method known as Emotional Freedom Techniques or EFT/tapping for short. EFT is based in Chinese acupuncture. It uses the same acupressure points as acupuncture does but without using needles. We use our fingers to tap on acupressure points.
This evidenced based method may seem odd if you have not heard of it before. Research has shown it to lower cortisol, the stress hormone, and calm the amygdala, the part of the brain that senses danger.
I will address many common dental fears such as fear of needles for the anesthetic, fear of the mirror and explorer poking and searching for cavities, fear of choking, fear of the drill, fear of pain, fear of X -rays and fear of not being able to afford dentistry if you do not have dental insurance.
- Anyone who has not been to the dentist for a cleaning and exam for a long time due to fear
- Anyone who needs a cavity filled or a crown that is delaying the procedure due to fear
- Do not take this course if you are not open to learning complementary and alternative traeatments
- Do not take this course if you are not willing to learn something new and practice it every day
Almost everyone has a traumatic experience with a dentist. Even if it is the world's best dentist. Looking after your teeth is important to your overall health. In this course, Joan will walk you through effective processes for dealing with the fear stopping you from keeping your teeth in tip-top condition.
EFT is based on Chinese medicine. It is a system of tapping on the same points as acupuncturists use without the needles. It resets your body's electrical system and balances your mental and emotional aspects.
An interesting aspect of releasing fear is after the fear is released often people say, "Oh, it wasn't that bad." They completely forget the massive fright they felt before. This is why it is important to rate your fear. Otherwise you won't realize how much your fear dropped.
Set up phrases are a way to bring up the issue so you can release it.
Reminder phrases starts the process of getting rid of the charge on our fear.
You can help your fellow students by leaving a Review of this course. The Review lets your fellow students make the decision to take the course or not. It helps them understand how your experiences in the course helped you become more charismatic, and then they can decide if they want to follow in your footsteps.