Effortless breathing for wind players and singers
What you'll learn
- Develop your breathing technique so that you are able to play or sing with more confidence and inner peace
- Learn how to breathe freely with the whole torso and not just the belly or chest
- Learn how to use a natural and effortless breath support
- Know more about the influence of breathing on your health
- Develop a (more) beautiful sound
- Know how to avoid injuries using a healthy breath support
- You sing or play a wind instrument, suitable for beginners and advanced players including pro's
- Breathing is the basis of good playing or singing. Too much tension or pressure can result in injuries or just too much effort and of course you want to be free to express yourself musically.
Are you a wind instrumentalist or a singer and do you wish to:
Develop your breathing technique so that you are able to play or sing with more confidence and inner peace
Breathe freely without the feeling of getting stuck
Learn how to breathe expanding the whole torso and applying breath support that is both powerful and relaxed
Be able to help your students more accurately with their breathing
A more beautiful sound
Boost your health
Connect more with your body
have a better understanding of the physiology of breathing and breath support
Know more about the influence of breathing on your health and physical processes like heartbeat and stress level including exercises to improve your well-being.
Just know more about this fascinating subject?
To develop a healthy way of breathing is unfortunately not alwasy easy and there are lots of misunderstandings about the way we should breathe when playing or singing. This can result in too much tension in our body and too much pressure on the throat, head and organs. The enormous influence of breathing on our health, emotions makes it very important to know more about it and learn to use your body in an optimal way. With exercises that help you develop your inner awareness.
This course is very effective to develop your skills, boost your health and, most of all, be a great musician.
I hope to see you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Wind instrumentalists, singers
- The course is for both beginners as for advanced players including professional musicians.
Floor Wittink is a Dutch professional saxophonist, teacher, breathcoach and workshopleader. Floor earned her Master’s degree in Classical Saxophone through studies with Johan van der Linden. She followed masterclasses with many saxophonists and other musicians like Arno Bornkamp, Claude Delangle, Christer Johnsson and Christiaan Bor. Following these studies Floor did a three-month residency at the beatiful Banff Centre of the Arts in Canada where she gave many performances in collaborations with fellow musicians and recorded a solo CD.
Since that time Floor has been busy working with symphony orchestras like the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra, music theatre like Holland Opera and several chamber groups; playing duo with piano, guitar, harp and with saxophone quartet.
Floor always loved to be a teacher and started teaching the saxophone already during her studies. She frequently gives workshops and clinics where she focuses on issues like sound and breathing. For the past years she has devoted a lot of time to writing about these issues on her blog and in e-book about playing from your heart (Spelen vanuit je hart). She also published a book about teaching music for teachers.
As a wind instrumentalist, Floor has a special interest in breathing and decided a few years ago to become a breathcoach next to her activities as performer and teacher. She helpt wind instrumentalists, singers and speakers with breathing technique and helps people suffering from Long Covid to develop a healthy breathing pattern.
She recently developed several online courses about breathing and saxophone playing in Dutch and English.