Effectively Create Goals and Set Priorities
What you'll learn
- Explore how to develop the right attitude toward controlling your time.
- Recognize how to use the time available and ignore nonessentials.
- Recognize the importance of having professional and personal goals.
- Explore how to create goals using the acronym S.M.A.R.T.
- Identify the right activities to reach goals.
- Discover how to prioritize your time to maintain balance.
- Explore how to master the habit of planning.
- Recognize how to schedule when to do what you planned.
- Recognize how to avoid procrastination which can impede your success.
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are needed for this course.
In this course you learn proven principles successful people use to accomplish their personal and business life dreams. You will walk away with the knowledge of how to build the life you want starting by accomplishing personal and business goals.
The problem isn’t that we need more time. We are all given 24 hours a day. The problem is how we manage our activities. Dreaming about a better life, job, relationship or income is common to all of us. What is not common is how we go about our day turning imaginations into real accomplishments.
In this course you will learn how highly successful people turn their time into successful accomplishments. It is important to understand that you don’t do “goals”, you simply accomplish goals. What you learn is the process for effective goal setting thinking and how easy it is to do the activities needed to accomplish your life time dreams.
If you would like Continuing Education Credit (e.g. CPE, CE, CPD, etc.) for this course, it is available if you take this course on the Illumeo dot com platform under course title: How to Create Goals and Set Priorities. Illumeo is certified to provide CPE in over two dozen different professional certifications covering finance, accounting, treasury, internal audit, HR, and more. However, in order to receive CPE credit the courses must be taken on an ‘approved-by-the-governing-body’ CPE platform, and for over two dozen corporate professional certifications, that is the Illumeo platform. Go to Illumeo dot com to learn more.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Human Resources.
- Anyone interested in Professional Development.
- Anyone interested in Management or Leadership.
Illumeo, incorporated in 2009, is revolutionizing the hide-bound world of corporate learning. Illumeo works with corporate professionals and organizations of all sizes to build the skills and capabilities that help everyone be an expert at their job.
Based in Silicon Valley, CA, Illumeo serves thousands of corporations and corporate professionals across Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing. The platform offers assessments, industry-benchmarked competency analyses, hundreds of expert-developed courses, collaborative tools, and the ability for companies to self-publish internal courses that promote institutional knowledge retention and dissemination.
Illumeo is the place for expertise management and we are dedicated to the proposition that everyone can be an expert at their job.
Stepp Stevens Sydnor is a trusted sales and business leadership expert. Stepp is an advisor, author and crowd-pleasing speaker. Over the past sixteen years, Stepps training solutions has helped companies stay ahead of their competition by re-thinking, measuring and improving their personal best. Highly engaging, Stepp’s interactive presentations help participants change their belief systems to reach higher sales and leadership goals in white-hot competitive markets. (see testimonials below)
Stepp is the founder of Stepp Sydnor Training Solutions, a business consulting firm based in Rockwall, Texas. Along with his seminar series, he has authored numerous articles on improving sales, leadership and relationship skills. He is also the author of Survive or Thrive? Creating the Life You Want Out of the Life You Have, this book and workbook is an inspirational guide to navigating life’s turnarounds.
Stepp brings over 30 years of consulting and corporate experience to his speaking and writing engagements. Clients range from best-in-class consulting companies for financial, technology, manufacturing and consulting industries i.e. McKinsey Consulting to such high-profile public-sector organizations as First Bank, Prosperity Bank, Grand Bank Dallas, Kelly Community Federal Credit Union, Time Warner Cable, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Cox Communications, UT Health Center, Hood Packaging USA, Comcast Cable, Computerland, and Sam’s Club look to Stepp to help improve communication, cooperation, commitment and revenue performance. Stepp’s proven tools, fresh tips and best practices, gleaned from real-world situations, help seminar participants “get the cure” for lackluster performance—to build a renewed work culture and dynamic sales team that can thrive in any market.
He has authored and developed several seminars including:
1. The Power of Communication, Cooperation, and Commitment – Team building and understanding how three learned behaviors are affecting personal and company performance.
2. Coaching Style Leadership – Understanding the difference between traditional leadership and coaching leadership styles.
3. Smart Sales Management – Proactive sales management and processes.
4. Smart Prospecting and Networking.
5. Smart Selling Outside Sales and Inside Sales.
6. 2MeetingClose - Sales Meeting Mastery Program