Effective Verilog Learning with Intel FPGAs
What you'll learn
- Hardware Description Language ( in this case, Verilog), different design constructs, efficient development handling, TCL for Verification-Automation etc
- Our basic target will be Intel FPGAs and Development tools. A small part regarding Xilinx FPGAs is also included.
- The goal of this course is to train young professionals for independent development.
- All Examples and software will be done in Windows (10) environment. Students with Windows 7 and 8 may also join the course. (Sorry Linux Guys)
- Development board is optional. All Software used in this course is freely available. But a computer with Windows Operating system is a must.
- We will analyze already developed codes, so that I may have time to explain codes and syntax in more detail. This step I took to shrink course duration.
- 2 Intel FPGA based development Boards are introduced. 1 Xilinx FPGA based development Board and Xilinx tool chain is also introduced.
- Students having know-how of Digital Logic Design or Digital Electronics or Boolean Algebra will benefit more, as this course assumes prior knowledge of Digital Logic and number systems(Binary, Hexadecimal, Octal, Decimal).
- At least some knowledge in Engineering or Science is recommended.
- Student having knowledge in C , C++ or alike languages will benefit more.
This course is designed to make students confident developer of Digital Systems using Verilog and Intel FPGAs(2 different boards and FPGAs). Every aspect is discussed from different angles, so that whole concept becomes clear. This course uses two cheap Intel FPGAs development boards and freely available software(Quartus Lite , ModelSim). Purchasing of boards is absolutely optional. This course can be done without development boards.
Additionally FPGAs and tool chains from other vendors are also introduced briefly.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners and Hobbyists. In fact, any one who is curious. But keep in mind, this is a technical course.
- This course gives a practical go through with the FPGA development phases. So, if you have some urgent assignment, and you don't have much background in FPGA development, then may be this course can help you in solving that.
- Professionals, who already know Microcontrollers, and want to try FPGAs as well.
- I kept this course as cheap as possible, so that most student can benefit from it.
- Not suitable for Professional FPGA developers !!!
Having more than 10 years of industry experience, the author has participated in many projects ranging from Data Processing to Sensor development. The author enjoys Verification more than Designing, so the future courses might be offered on Verification. Authors expertise includes reliability testing, designs for reliability, Digital System Design and Printed Circuit boards.
The author enjoys reading books and arrange charities for poor and homeless.