- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Acknowledge the nature of e-mail & information overload in today's workplace and the time and productivity cost that afflicts most organizations and professionals.
- Acquire a simple “rule” for managing all incoming e-mail that allows for both greater speed and prioritization of those messages and embedded tasks.
- Utilize a simple built-in feature of Microsoft Outlook to quickly convert e-mails quickly into related tasks, contacts, and calendar items.
- Utilize embedded functions inside of your e-mail that allow you to “automate” certain other common activities/messages.
- Possibly even “e-mail ZERO”!
- Reduce distraction by moving to a smarter e-mail regimen, while still identifying your “most important senders” for appropriate response.
- Better manage both sent and received CC's, Forwards, and Replies, to reduce confusion and increase communication capabilities.
- Have a strategy for “splitting” work, personal, and junk/spam e-mails for greater efficiency.
- Use three key strategies for reducing SPAM in your work inbox.
- No prerequisites are needed for this course but a basic understanding and cursory use of Microsoft Office/Outlook is needed.
E-mail is among the most powerful productivity-enhancing tools available to an organization—as well as one of the biggest sources of pain and lost productivity, with managers and professionals getting buried deeper and deeper under a continuing stream of e-mail every day. In fact, the average professional spends at least two hours per day dealing with e-mail, with more than 25% of users checking their inbox a minimum of 20 times every day—and yet, surprisingly, less than 3% of the U.S. workforce has had training on how to manage e-mail.
When diagnosed, it is evident that e-mail has become a significant cost center for many organizations, with employees losing valuable time, focus, and productivity due to poor e-mail management strategies. This course provides proven strategies for keeping your inbox efficient and under control, and teaches you to:
- Reduce the mess in your inbox by having “natural” places for your e-mails to go
- Get rid of time-sucking “quick e-mails” and get your time and inbox under control moving forward
- Finally feel on top of your e-mail, rather than feeling it is on top of you!
- Lessen e-mail distractions to fundamentally change your relationship with work and life
This course features all software demos in Microsoft Outlook 2010, although users of Outlook 2007 and 2003 will still greatly benefit from this program. Future versions of this Illumeo course will feature the new Outlook 2013 as well as Gmail.
* This course shows screen shots which may have small text as they are demonstrating real-world use of software which has font sizing we cannot change for demonstration purposes. Therefore, your experience will be best on a full screen device such as a tablet, laptop of desktop computer. We recommend that you fully upsize the screen when you view these videos.
If you would like Continuing Education Credit (e.g. CPE, CE, CPD, etc.) for this course, it is available if you take this course on the Illumeo dot com platform under course title: Taming the E-mail Beast: Key Strategies for Managing E-mail Overload. Illumeo is certified to provide CPE in over two dozen different professional certifications covering finance, accounting, treasury, internal audit, HR, and more. However, in order to receive CPE credit the courses must be taken on an ‘approved-by-the-governing-body’ CPE platform, and for over two dozen corporate professional certifications, that is the Illumeo platform. Go to Illumeo dot com to learn more.
- Professionals in any field.
- Anyone interested in Productivity.