Effective Property Management Advanced Course Module 2
What you'll learn
- Know how to obtain the required licenses which a property owner has to have
- Look at Utility board records which include electricity, natural gas water/sewer, trash collection, telephone connection, etc.
- The necessity of contract copies to be kept which include agreements made with maintenance landscapers, pest control services, etc.
- Begin converting existing tenants do your own lease or rental agreement
- Know how to handle rent increases.
- Fill vacant units because for every day the unit/s stands vacant a lot of income can be lost
- Renting a property and everything from getting a rental unit ready to setting the rent and advertising
- Getting a property ready for perspective tenants and how to prepare a rental property which is one of the most basic property management functions.
- Handle vacancies is the first step in getting good tenants and to develop a plan to get each vacant unit in top condition.
- When should you renovate and upgrade your unit.
- When to increase the rent or leave it as it is and settle for the same old rent.
- Find out what prospective renters actually want
- First impressions of a rental unit - Why must a unit stand out above the other units in the neighbour
- Be able to compile a list of what to go over in preparation for your new tenant.
- This course is for anyone but it would be good for students to watch the FREE course and start with the Advanced Course as per Module 1
By now you may have decided to become a landlord and successfully manage your properties or the property of others BUT there is still a lot to learn. In module 2 advanced course you will even learn more about property management. I discuss Utility Bill Records, the Need for Inspecting a Rental unit - ( Did you know in most states, tenants don’t have to let you enter their rental units unless you have a legal reason and have given proper advance notice?.) I discuss the New Rental Agreement, How To Evaluate Current Rent, the Takeover Procedure for an unoccupied rental property, How To get Your Property Ready For Prospective Tenants, How To Handle Vacancies, Renovating & Upgrading of a unit, What Does Prospective Renters Actually Want, Curb Appeal, Preparation Of a Property, Safety Items, and much, more. I offer an unconditional 30 day money back guarantee if the course does not live up to student's expectations. Course duration - 1 hour
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is involved in property management as a landlord, property manager, working in an estate agency firm handling property management on behalf of the firm.
Who is Nelius Smit? Nelius is CEO of NS Investment Group a Private Limited company, business adviser and property manager of several properties for various landlords as well as his own properties. Nelius is also head of properties for the South African Women's Federation which has a property portfolio of 4 billion Rand. He is an instructor, content creator and studied law. Nelius lives in the Republic of South Africa and has more than 37 years of marketing experience of which 22 years in the property industry. He dedicates himself to providing education to students as well as to professionals wishing to learn more in the field of property management. Through his tutorials, students will develop property management and marketing skills which will able them to manage their own properties and the properties of others. He loves properties and property management. It is his passion because "it is a people business".