Negotiation: Master Essential Skills for Success
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Effectively negotiate simple transactions and complex multi-year deals.
- Plan and prepare for a negotiation session.
- Discover your negotiation needs and interests and those of the opposition.
- Explore problem solving options that lead to a satisfactory agreement.
- Develop proposals that will achieve the goals of the negotiation.
- Practice ways to introduce needs and interests to the opposition.
- Identify the best alternative to a negotiated agreement.
- Control your behavior and detach from volatile situations and buy time to think.
- Get the other side to engage in problem-solving negotiations.
- Use the power of asking why, why not, and for advice.
- Reframe the oppositions hardened positions as a set of problems to be solved.
- Diffuse fears, anger, hostility, and suspicion.
- Build a golden bridge across which the opposition can retreat.
- Create ominous outcomes for the opposition that will loom large in their minds and make negotiating preferable.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- The successful student should have an interest in applying negotiation skills to their personal and professional life.
In this course, you will to learn how to become an effective negotiator and be able to forge agreements with others from simple transactions to complex deals.
Negotiating is as much a part of life as eating, sleeping, and, breathing. Every day we look for ways to find agreement with others. Sometimes it’s easy, but more often than not, we find that no matter how hard we try to reach an agreement, we don’t succeed. We’re looking for a way to get a “yes”, but frequently the response is “no”.
Think about a typical day. You want to go to the beach for a vacation, but your spouse wants to go to the mountains. You have a great idea to present to your colleagues at the office, but all they want to talk about is why it won’t work instead how it might.
You get tricked into buying a monthly subscription when you only wanted to try the “free, no obligation” offer. You want to cancel and get your money back, but the customer service person says, “Sorry. You should have read the terms and conditions more carefully.”
More and more these days, negotiation is the most frequent method of decision making on the public stage. Although we may not be directly involved in the negotiation, the outcome can affect our lives and the lives of others.
No matter what your role is, learning to be an effective negotiator can make your life better and this course will give you the essential skills you need.
- This course is suitable for business professionals or anyone who wants to acquire or improve their negotiation skills.