Leading Effective Meetings: Beginner's Guide
What you'll learn
- Plan a meeting including who to invite and why, meeting duration and any preparation needed
- Create an agenda for the meeting that boosts engagement, makes good use of time and achieves the results desired
- Lead well structured meetings including how to start, improve participation and how to end
- Set up ground rules for your meetings that increase productivity and make use of proven decision making methods
- Prepare a room or space for effective meetings both for face to face meetings and virtual ones
- Some experience taking part in meetings, or leading meetings, is good to have, though not required
If you want to become better at leading meetings that engage participants and achieve the intended results, then this course is for you. Leading Effective Meetings: Beginner's Guide introduces you to the skills of meeting management. In this course, you’ll learn how to plan and lead meetings that get the job done and that people want to attend, and you’ll learn how to do it in a way that’s both informative and engaging.
In this course, you will:
● Learn how plan a successful meeting
● Craft an agenda for a productive meeting
● Set up a meeting structure that improves communication and results
● Create guidelines for your meetings to boost engagement
● Choose the best decision making method for different situations
● Get tips on how set up a good meeting environment, for both physical and virtual meetings
This course is also filled with activities that allow you to practice what you’re learning. Work with me over six different exercises to allow you to excel in the different parts of conducting a meeting.
Why Learn How to Lead Effective Meetings
Learning to lead effective meetings can benefit you professionally as you gain both communication skills and people skills as well as a reputation for being a person whose meetings people actually will look forward to attending. It is an excellent skill for managers of different kinds to improve results and boost your career prospects as a management professional.
Why Learn From Me
Learning how to lead effective and productive meetings can be challenging and complex. To navigate this maze,
you need combine both people skills and the ability to prepare and execute a successful meeting structure.
This course brings my teaching experience and industry know-how to you. I’ve taught leadership, communication and how to lead effective meetings for over 20 years, and I have also been a manager of teams different sizes in several parts of the globe. My teaching style is unique because it combines my extensive experience with humor and a deep care for your success.
By the end of the course, you will confidently be able to hold meetings that people actually enjoying being at and that produce actual results that benefit your organization.
Join me on this adventure today! I’ll see you inside the course.
Who this course is for:
- New managers who are going to lead meetings in the future
- Existing managers who have led a few meetings, but want to improve how they manage those meetings
- Anyone else who is in a function where they will host or lead meetings
- This course is NOT for you if you have extensive experience of leading meetings and have a reputation of highly engaging, productive meetings
Markus Amanto is a well renowned author, speaker and trainer from Sweden. He has worked with improving leaders, teams and organizations in Asia, Europe and North America for over 25 years.
His books include "The Leadership School - Who's Really in the Driver's Seat" and "The Basics of Group Dynamics" (currently available in Swedish only).
He has held multiple positions as a manager. When he worked as a sales representative he built a sales team of over 400 people spanning the Nordic countries.
He started his own consulting business in 1998 and has worked as a certified trainer for UGL-trainings for several years. He is also a certified user of SDI® (Strength Deployment Inventory). He is also trained in emotional debriefing, psychosynthesis and has also participated in Anthony Robbins Mastery University.
Clients have included The University of Stockholm, Nasdaq, Kongsberg Automotive, Pitney Bowes, Tetra Pak, AstraZeneca, KPMG, ALMI and International Council of Swedish Industry (NIR).
Markus is fluent in Swedish, English, Finnish and Spanish. He is also able to communicate well in Danish and Norwegian.