Leading Effective Meetings: Beginner's Guide
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 17 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Plan a meeting including who to invite and why, meeting duration and any preparation needed
- Create an agenda for the meeting that boosts engagement, makes good use of time and achieves the results desired
- Lead well structured meetings including how to start, improve participation and how to end
- Set up ground rules for your meetings that increase productivity and make use of proven decision making methods
- Prepare a room or space for effective meetings both for face to face meetings and virtual ones
- Some experience taking part in meetings, or leading meetings, is good to have, though not required
If you want to become better at leading meetings that engage participants and achieve the intended results, then this course is for you. Leading Effective Meetings: Beginner's Guide introduces you to the skills of meeting management. In this course, you’ll learn how to plan and lead meetings that get the job done and that people want to attend, and you’ll learn how to do it in a way that’s both informative and engaging.
In this course, you will:
● Learn how plan a successful meeting
● Craft an agenda for a productive meeting
● Set up a meeting structure that improves communication and results
● Create guidelines for your meetings to boost engagement
● Choose the best decision making method for different situations
● Get tips on how set up a good meeting environment, for both physical and virtual meetings
This course is also filled with activities that allow you to practice what you’re learning. Work with me over six different exercises to allow you to excel in the different parts of conducting a meeting.
Why Learn How to Lead Effective Meetings
Learning to lead effective meetings can benefit you professionally as you gain both communication skills and people skills as well as a reputation for being a person whose meetings people actually will look forward to attending. It is an excellent skill for managers of different kinds to improve results and boost your career prospects as a management professional.
Why Learn From Me
Learning how to lead effective and productive meetings can be challenging and complex. To navigate this maze,
you need combine both people skills and the ability to prepare and execute a successful meeting structure.
This course brings my teaching experience and industry know-how to you. I’ve taught leadership, communication and how to lead effective meetings for over 20 years, and I have also been a manager of teams different sizes in several parts of the globe. My teaching style is unique because it combines my extensive experience with humor and a deep care for your success.
By the end of the course, you will confidently be able to hold meetings that people actually enjoying being at and that produce actual results that benefit your organization.
Join me on this adventure today! I’ll see you inside the course.
- New managers who are going to lead meetings in the future
- Existing managers who have led a few meetings, but want to improve how they manage those meetings
- Anyone else who is in a function where they will host or lead meetings
- This course is NOT for you if you have extensive experience of leading meetings and have a reputation of highly engaging, productive meetings
While listening to this section, write down one technique you can immediately apply in your life and describe how you will apply it.
Many poor meetings can be avoided by asking yourself this question. Learn how to get clear on if a meeting is the most efficient use of time or not.
Get a brief introduction to what this section will cover and how a good agenda works it's magic.
The start of the meeting sets the tone. How you can start with clarity, compassion and confidence.