Effective Listening Skills for Leaders
What you'll learn
- Note: This class was not designed to improve English language listening skills for non-native speakers.
- You'll identify your listening barriers.
- You'll learn key nonverbal and body language skills.
- You'll learn how to listen with empathy, for comprehension, and analytically.
- You'll have the opportunity to practice along in real-time in exercises.
- You'll come away with a listening plan you can put into practice at your next important meeting or interaction.
- Note: This class is not designed to improve English listening skills for non-native speakers.
- No official prerequisites are expected or required for this course.
Effective listening is the mark of a skilled leader.
Unfortunately, most of us have difficulty listening completely. We get distracted, lose track of the point, and then cannot effectively respond when it is our turn to talk. We may even have conflicts with colleagues because of our poor listening.
The goal of the course is to teach you how to listen so you can do the following:
Effectively meet clients’ needs
Connect with employees
Collaborate with colleagues
The class is geared for emerging leaders, creative entrepreneurs, small business owners, and professionals. No prior knowledge is required.
This class teaches you how to overcome common listening barriers and then listen with better empathy, comprehension, and analytical skills.
Format: The class provides a balance of practical explanations, concrete examples, and real-time practice.
No special resources required.
Who this course is for:
- Emerging leaders, creative entrepreneurs, professionals, small business owners.
For over 15 years, Alex has been teaching, writing, and speaking about communication and leadership. He is especially interested in equipping emerging leaders with the skills they need to lead their teams to the next level of excellence. He believes that good communication and leadership change lives. He also has a growing Youtube channel on the same topic. He teaches college full-time in the beautiful state of New York.