Effective Juvenile Justice Ministry
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- An understanding of effective juvenile justice ministry and how it differs from adult prison ministry, social work, youth ministry, and corrections.
- Grasp complex internal and external risk factors that contribute toward delinquency in children and how to effectively engage them.
- How to facilitate effective group discussions with juvenile offenders through understanding group dynamics and the worldview of high-risk youth
- How to construct transformational Bible Discussion Groups for use in detention centers.
- Anyone who wants to learn what effective Juvenile Justice Ministry involves.
This course lays a theological, theoretical and philosophical methodology for working with juvenile offenders in ways that transform character. It is grounded in Scripture, research evidence on resilience and transformational change theory, brain science, and positive youth development, translating the latest research into practical methods for creating transformational environments and interactions that are proven effective for even the most challenging youth.
This online platform is designed so that participants will gain specific competencies that can be passed on to other staff and volunteers with the goal of helping them become more effective in working with high risk youth.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to minister effectively to juvenile offenders.