Effective Hibernate with Spring
What you'll learn
- You will be able to solve complex database problems using Hibernate and Spring
- You will understand how lazy-loading works internally in Hibernate
- You will be able to decide when and how to use DTO projections
- You will be able to use covering indices with Hibernate
- You will be able to fine-tune your flushing strategy
- You will be able to customize your concurrency controls to maximize throughput while ensuring correctness
- You will be able to boost write performance to the maximum with advanced statement batching
- Java knowledge
- Basic JPA knowledge with the understanding of entities and relations
- Spring knowledge
There are several courses out there targeting basic Hibernate use-cases. This course is different. The goal is to bridge the gap of the basics and the complicated features of the framework.
During the recent years, the IT industry has moved so fast that it's really hard to keep track of it, and I with all the more and more complicated products to be developed, it's critical to understand more advanced features of Hibernate and JPA to be able to support these asks from a development standpoint.
Spring is one of the most frequent framework that is used within the IT industry. I amm going to take this learning experience even further by connecting the dots between Hibernate and Spring, focusing on specific and complex use-cases.
In the course the following topics will be covered:
Entity-state transition pitfalls with merging
The performance aspect of lazy loading data
DTO projections and the positive performance impact
Using covering indices with Hibernate
Concurrency-control in depth
Statement batching in detail with optimizations
This is a course tailored specifically for you in order to improve your skills and move your career forward as a professional engineer.
Note that the course does not cover the basics of JPA and Hibernate but assumes that the foundation is already there.
The training also includes a number of practices after almost each section which you can use to polish your skills, and to make sure you understood the specific block.
Who this course is for:
- For any engineer who wants to be more familiar with the complex details of Hibernate use-cases
- For any engineer who wants to acquire the knowledge to implement database operations effectively in terms of performance
- For any engineer who wants to learn how to implement database operations with Hibernate in a resource-optimized way
My journey began with the IT world when I was little, around age 7. I always had this vision of me working with computers. Back then I couldn't really distinguish software and hardware jobs, the only thing I knew is to work with computers.
During high-school I started to focus on actual programming and I knew software is going to be my world. I went to university at Budapest, studying Computer Science.
My master years were half committed to studying and the other one is to get work experience so that's when my career started.
Since then, from a junior engineer, I went through the ladder fairly quickly. I was promoted to be a standard engineer, then a senior, then a lead. And for the last couple of years I've been leading multiple engineering teams simultaneously to deliver successful solutions and achieve organizational goals.